1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11 MKV's - DVD, need good text menu, audio normalization, auto-fit to 4.3 GB

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by trickycdr, Jul 31, 2013.

1. trickycdr

trickycdr Newbie

Purpose: Watching a typical tv show season (22 episodes) on 2 DVD+R's on my car's widescreen display.

I have been using ConvertXtoDVD for a while, but it uses an odd volume boosting method (DRC) that gives random results. Sometimes the volume is so low I cannot hear even at maximum volume, and sometimes the volume is over distorted. It has been trial and error and a lot of reburning to get it to an acceptable volume level.
    So for the last two days I have been downloading and trying out many other programs, and they all lack at least 1 if not more features I want.

I would like:

1) To be able to fit 11 45 minute episodes on 1 DVD+R and have the program auto-fit. Several programs do this fine. I am watching on a small screen, so video quality is fine. ConvertXtoDVD does this fine (though I hand edit the size to 4.3 GB as it sometimes goes oversize). Some programs won't shrink the video enough.

2) To have a text only menu of the episodes, no chapters; the more that fit on 1 screen the better. Only found 1 program that supported 11 titles on the main menu, but it did not auto-fit to 1 DVD+R. Many programs have a single title screen. ConvertXtoDVD does this ok (8 titles per page). Some programs only offer 1 title, some offer 3 max.

3) Audio normalization. Many programs list this feature, but don't have the other two above. This is where ConvertXtoDVD does a poor job.

Trying Freemake Video Converter right now, but it does not list a normalization option, hoping it does this by default. Have tried: Roxio Creator 2012 (horrible menus), AVStoDVD (crashes), DVDStyler (won't compress enough), Wondershare DVD Creator (failed to burn, just ended up with 8 Gb of mpg files).

Thanks in advance, and please only reply if you have personally been successful with the three "wants" above.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013