1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVStoDVD using hcenc progress stays at 0%?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by goyankees, Jul 12, 2013.

1. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

It just stayed at 0% for 14 hours? LOL I was like wtf. I was trying to encode a mkv 1080p file. I used hcenc 2 pass and all the best quality preferences but for some reason it stays at 0% all night? Any suggestions? Thanks yall!

2. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

nevermind, i uninstalled avs and removed klite and reinstalled avs which in place reinstalled ffdshow and halli (spellcheck) splitter and alls well now. I hear this encodes HD very beautifully compared to convertxtodvd. i hope so.

3. toliman

toliman Member

HCenc needs avisynth working to do it's mojo. sometimes the AVS is broken.

if the file is glitchy, i.e. size is wrong, ffdshow can't load the video properly, etc. the .avs won't work properly, HCenc will get stuck on loading the file.

open the .avs file when it's stuck, in a player like Media Player Classic (MPC) HD, and see if the video file can load (it will usually be very choppy, maybe 1-4 frames/second and audio might be missing, but that's OK.)

4. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

I just started using convertxtodvd with 2 encode pass. not bad and alot smaller size file

5. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

big prblem im having with convertx is the fact that when it comes to creating the file into an iso my pc freezes really bad during this. anyone have an idea as to why? with avs2dvd it uses imgburn to create the iso and its perfect. any ideas as to why it freezes up on convertx? thanks guys