1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel DVD MovieFactory 7

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by gabelewis, Nov 18, 2010.

1. gabelewis

gabelewis Member

Hey everyone. I am having a slight issue that I want to try to resolve before I try to get a refund on the software. I bought corel DVD MovieFactory 7 and when I am trying to add files, I can't fit as many videos as I want on the dvd. For instance I have 3 mpeg movies that are 596 and 444 MBs, and the last is 132 MB. The running time for the videos is 42, 57, 61 minutes. I am assuming because the time constraints of the 4.7 GB/120 mins is why it will not allow me to add all three videos. Is there a way around this? I can't seem to figure it out and Tech support is not open right now. Also there doesn't seem to be much literature to read about anything like this. I really want to stuff the DVDs as full as they can be but this is going to really limit how much I can fit on one dvd.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

they should fit easily .. coral is crap.. always has been crap .. nobody serious uses it.. more payware junk.. try dvd flick

the "quality" limit on a single layer dvd is around 3 hours.. not 2 .. at stock 720x576 .. chances are the problem you are experiencing is because the files you are trying to input have different frame resolutions or framerates.. ntsc and pal source files won't go on the same disk without some tweaking.

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Hey, easy there, I use DVDMF 6 and before that, 3.5 and it still uses the MainConcept encoder, can't get much better than that (not very tweakable) although I find the whole program to be hugely bloated here. Fitting within the constraints of 4.7 DVD has nothing to do with the file size, only running time and bitrate used. If you start with excellent quality video 3 hours will give excellent quality. Have you selected the gear, bottom left, and selected customize mpeg to change the bitrate, will need a bitrate calculator? There is an excellent help forum though I don't have a link to it now. DVD Flick is good but but I bet ConvertXtoDVD is better (not free), I have a feeling ps355528 doesn't think much of it either but version 3 here is very good (not quite MC good) and version 4 should be better now with 2 pass ability. Edit: I believe this is the DVDMF link: http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010