1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom button not highlighting - WHY?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jlrm365, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I amended a menu's background, in Photoshop, to give space to a button I wanted to add.

I then copied an existing button within the menu, created a new button, pasted the old button into it, changed the characteristics of the new button and positioned it in the space I had created (indicated by the amendment to the background).

The button can be highlighted when I use VLC and hover over it with my mouse. The button works just as it should / I would like it to, when I click it.

The trouble is that, navigating to that menu with arrows keys and the Enter button, I cannot then get my new button to be highlighted. It seems to be skipped and the next button above / below it is highlighted instead. The same happens when I convert the files to an image and burn that image to a disc. The DVD player doesn't appear to recognise that there is a button there, despite that I know there is one.

How can I get that button recognised and highlighted, so that it can be used?

It feels as though it should be included in a group that the other buttons of that menus are in, so that each can recognise the others, but I don't know how to get my new / custom button recognised.

Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know if you have used it, but if you open the DVD in PgcEdit, right click on the menu and select 'Menu Buttons', you can see the layout, select and edit where the buttons have been programmed to jump to.
    In the image, button 3 is programmed to jump to Title 1 (there is no image there - it was only a test menu I was playing around with)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

The second paragraph of my initial post was done with pgcedit.

I'm not quite sure what the screenshot is for. As in my third paragraph, the button works just as it should.

From the fourth paragraph on, I describe the problem I would like help with.

You may not have been able to see the whole post. I have highlighted the question that is most key.

Thanks.

4. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Whenever you add a new button in a new position, you must add a subpic highlight to it. Otherwise, you won't get any highlight. You already know about DvdSubEdit. Extract the subpic bitmap, add the new subpic highlight where the new button is in a graphic editor. Save the revised subpic bitmap and replace it in DvdSubEdit.

As for getting to the new button via arrow keys, change the adjacent button links for the wanted nearby existing buttons to get to this new button. Be sure to do this for each button group if it is a widescreen menu.

5. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I wasn't sure about the first paragraph, as I'd done the graphic work in Photoshop already, so I skipped to the second. That did the trick. Thanks.