1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message when using Avi2DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DaveRado, Jun 14, 2011.

1. DaveRado

DaveRado Member

Hi

I followed the instructions on how to create a DVD from AVI files, at:

www dot afterdawn dot com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd dot cfm

(sorry about the tortuous url but the system wouldn't allow me to post a proper link) ...

... but when I click on the "Go" button, I get an error message saying "Choose an audio stream", and when I close that dialog box, I get another error message saying "Invalid file name".

On the "Step 1 Input" tab, the "Choose an audio stream" listbox is blank, so its impossible for me to choose one. And the file name of avi file was obtained by browsing, not by typing, so by definition it cannot be invalid. So both error messages are confusing, to say the least. Any ideas?

Dave

2. attar

attar Senior member

I haven't used this program in ages, but I recall it was very fussy about filenames and paths.
    I would rename the source file to something simple like video.avi and move it to the root of c:\ drive.

3. DaveRado

DaveRado Member

If it's really that bad I'd rather not use it. What's the best free tool available for converting AVI to DVD? I chose this one because the reviews I've read (including some on this site) seemed to be recommending this one, but if it's as bad as you say, could you recommend a decent tool?

4. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick, AVStoDVD or FAVC.