1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAVC Audio out of Sync, HDTV mkv file

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by rogue20, Oct 10, 2009.

1. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Hi, i havin't up until now had any audio sync issues with FAVC, but i've now had a bad audio sync problem with a hdtv program in the mkv format or container.

I have lots of hdtv programs i wish to author to dvd, all mkv, but need to find a solution if this continues in the future.

Is there anything i can do to correct this in the settings or any ideas why this is happening, the file plays perfectly before encoding but the produced VOB files are always out of sync, i've re-encoded but got the same result.

tsMuxeR file info:
    Video Codec: H264 Profile: Main 4.1 Resolution 1280:720 Frame Rate: 25fps
    Audio Codec: AC3 Bitrate: 384Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz

Could i demux the audio and add this seperately in FAVC, thanks for any help.

P.S. Would these file work as a AVCHD dvd using tsMuxeR and play in a Sony blu ray player with out re-encoding, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. sodaman

sodaman Member

I've used mkv2vob without audio sync problems. Then I import the vob into Nero Vision to make my DVD. The encoding bitrate might be causing the syncing issue. I remember the data rate being 8000kbs or more for HD material. If your CPU or graphics card gets blogged down it won't be able to keep that rate consistent during playback.

3. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Thanks for the reply, i'll give that a try, if your interested i found a solution and i think it was the original file.

I tried demuxing the file into it's AC3 audio and mkv video using mkvmerge and then remuxing them back together, the file was in sync as the original, encoded with dvd flick and got the same out of sync audio in the vob files.

I then tried demuxing the file using tsMuxer, it gave me an AC3 audio file and a 264 file, i then remuxed these back together using mkvmerge, you have to set the correct frame rate for the 264 file before remuxing, after these were muxed back into a single mkv file and played the audio sync was out exactly the same as the encode vob files.

I then used the delay video setting in mkvmerge to sync the audio and saved the file, now when encoded with dvd flick it's in sync, the audio convesion took over a one and a half hours though, not sure why.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009