1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAVC creating empty folders and 0 sized .iso files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by x1013x, Jan 3, 2010.

1. x1013x

x1013x Member

I've used Favc a few times now, and the results were fine. It created all the files I needed to burn a dvd. Now I have run into a problem. After the whole conversion process all I am left with is an empty video ts folder and a .iso file that is 0kb in size. I watch the process in the prompt window. Its says that an .iso file has been created. When I find it, its 0 is size. I've tried converting at different qualities and speeds, but the same thing happens each time. I don't know if its the files themselves or what.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is it the same using either encoder (HC or QuEnc)?

3. x1013x

x1013x Member

I've only tried with HC because that was what had been working for me previously. Can that setting make a difference between two different avi files?

4. x1013x

x1013x Member

I've only tried with HC because that was what had been working for me previously. Can that setting make a difference between two different avi files?

5. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know;my idea was to try the failing source on the other encoder to see if that also failed.
    If the source fails with both encoders (but other source files are ok) then chances are it is the source file that is the problem.

6. x1013x

x1013x Member

Ah I see what you mean. I will give that a try. Thanks for your help.