AfterDawn Forums

How do I put pics, images, graphics etc on Avery dvd/cd labels

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

helpingha Suspended due non-functional email address
I burned a dvd movie and would like to put an image that reflect the content on the label, instead of scribbling on the disc. I don't know how to do that. I've got the 'DesignPro5 Limited Edition' Avery label program, but is at a loss as to how to get my own images on the labels. I already have a photoshop image that I want to use.
The DesignPro5 seem to use (a)DesignPro Documents[*.zdl,*.zdp],(b)DesignPro 5.0[*.zdl], (c)DesignPro 3.5 - 4.0[*.zdp], (d)LabelPro 2.0 - 3.0[*.lpd] file of type. I hope this information is helpful. I would
really appreciate if someone have some answers. I have been trying to make this dvd for a 8yr old kid for the last week.
Thanks.

helpinghand.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I don't print CD labels - I use printable CDs, but I did use that program.
After calibrating the printer you select the step by step Wizard and choose a label.
I used Staples Brand SIWD180 labels which is an Avery 5931.
The next step was to select a design.
I selected the first one and removed the graphic, contents, title and name then replaced the background with a .bmp or .jpg which had been sized to 120mm.

helpingha Suspended due non-functional email address
Hi, Thank you. You know this is the very same label(format) I used. I eventually figured it out by doing 'insert image' and took the file on a flash drive to Staples to have it printed in color, and they could not open it. I was told I had to save the file as a 'tiff' or 'jpeg' or any of the photoshop file types but Avery does not give you any options on 'file type' other than their own. So I am stuck again. I know there has to be an easy way to do this, I just don't know it yet. Next time I'll use your method, it seems simpler.
When you click on 'Replace current image' a sub menu appears offering many different formats.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.