1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep menu motion, but REMOVE audio - how?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jlrm365, Sep 17, 2010.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

It must be just beyond my grasp.

MenuShrink can remove audio, but appears only to apply treatment to menus that are made into stills. I could do the same thing - "still w/o audio" - within VobBlanker.

What I would like to do is keep my title menu with motion and audio. I would also like to keep the motion of various sub-menus ("Chapters", "Extras", etc), but remove the audio from those.

How can I most simply do that?

Preferably, I'd like to be able to use pgcedit and / or vobblanker - my most common tools - but something like vobedit or ifoedit would be fine too.

Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

You can do this using DVD shrink.
    If you can select the particular menu (on the left pane), uncheck the associated audio (in the right pane).
    In the right pane for 'Compression settings' > 'Video' change from 'Automatic' to 'No Compression'.
    Then 'Backup' to a new folder.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Nice. I always like to either use a complicated tool that I have or something simple. Shrink is one of the simple ones I still have - just for the odd spot / simple job. I'll add this one to the list.