1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pgcedit - SEARCH function?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jlrm365, Sep 1, 2010.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

In many word processors, it is possible to press Ctrl+F and have a "Find" window open. It usually allows you to find the next instance of whatever you type into its search area.

For example, Ctrl+F and typing "beach" will jump you to the next occurrence (if there is one) of the word "beach".

Is there such a feature within pgcedit? If so, what is it known as / where is it? I keep thinking "That must be it" and then having no success.

I often find myself looking for something like this, when I want to replace all of something or apply the same treatment to all of one type of command.

Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Will do. Thanks.

4. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

There is such a function but it's not Ctrl+F. Are you trying to look for a specific keyword?

e.g. Select Info -> DVD Commands. At the bottom of the pop-up window is a Find text box. Enter the keyword and press Enter. The Find text box is available in many pop-up windows.

Also, the search box is available at the bottom of the main interface. You can also make use of regular expressions in the search. To know how to use it, look under Help menu.

EDIT: I just realize you want search and replace ability. Go to the homepage and download Search and Replace plugin and extract it to the plugins subfolder of PgcEdit. It'll be available under Plugins menu once you restart PgcEdit.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  5. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

As it happens, the "replace" is something that had to be done manually, as instances of the word "button" differed.

Your first paragraph, and mention of "DVD Commands" was most useful - as it seems to cover the whole DVD (rather than one section at a time) - and I did use it to find what I was looking for.

At first, with the many references to "button", it was quite difficult. I decided to try "(button" - with the open bracket - and that worked nicely.