1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please suggest a program that 1) let's you mess with output quality 2) let's you customize the menu (including chapter frame position)...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Thrakk, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Thrakk

Thrakk Member

I Need a new program that:

1) let's you mess with output quality

-for example, an old version of Aimersoft DVD Creator is bad because the only quality choices are low, high and highest. However, I did like that it showed output size before burning (unforunately - my 100 minute movie will only burn at low quality).

2) let's you customize the menu (including chapter frame position)

-some DVD Creators I've tested force the chapter frame (movie sample) in one place that goes along with whatever template.

3) ultimately lets me author a DVD with the highest quality possible without wasting mb space so that I can fit a movie on one 4.5 - 4.7 gb DVD+-RW

edit - and by quality I do not mean:
    [​IMG]

I'm more interested in fps, resolution, and stuff that makes the movie flow smooth and at the best resolution possible.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ok.. for starters the picture you have ripped from a post from another forum member shows avidemux filter options.. avidemux isn't really a dvd authoring program, more a swiss army knife of a program for video editing/messing/resizing/transcoding.. that kind of stuff.

sooo.. what do yoiu do.. you use avidemux to make a large mpeg2 file (auto>dvd .. it's in it's menu) .. and then you grab something like dvd-author (nicely command line).. and sit down and read the bloody manual about how to build menus and add chapters at scene breaks and all that stuff.. it's actually really simple.. just like editing an xbox dash config file.. a little xml editing skill goes a long way... then you author your dvd and burn the iso

Once you master dvd-author you will discover you can do anything with a home made dvd that the studios do with theirs.. animated menus the whole hog... unlike any of the paid or unpaid pretty one click windoze garbage things.. it's a professional standard dvd authoring tool for people who know what they are doing... but you DO have to know what you are doing to get a working disk out of it.