1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc authoring software question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Jinkazuya, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

Well...I have a bluray rip mkv the spy next door. Now I use the authoring software, TMPGEnc to transcode this bluray rip to DVD vob...However, no matter how I tried(selecting PAL 16:9 or PAL 4:3 or NTSC 16:9 or NTSC 4:3), there was always two black bars to each side of the video. That's, the right and left sides of the video....So not sure if that's normal...If not, I would like to know if there is a way to fix this? With a 46in' or 40in' TV, will the video be displayed in full screen or there will be black bars to each side of the video?

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Perhaps the software misinterpreted the MKV's aspect ratio.
    Try encoding it with HCenc, check that the m2v looks good, and then
    author with TMPGenc.

3. mkp123

mkp123 Guest

I installed TMPGEnc authoring software and it worked well for me. I don’t think it has anything to do with the size of your TV. It will work well with 46’in or 40’in monitor. May be something went wrong with the way you installed it. The installation manuals and the CDs are pretty user friendly. Try re-installing it. There are even sites that will help you to successfully install it and you can always find trial versions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010
  4. davexnet

davexnet Active member

The other thing to try, take a known good commercial anamorphic DVD.
    How does that fit the screen?