1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to unlock a samsung galaxy s11

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by deirdremccarthy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. deirdremccarthy

deirdremccarthy Member

Hi a friend of mine gave me his samsung galaxy s11 as my own mobile broke, as I am on a differant server how can i unlock it so I can use any network,,any help would be greatly appreciate as I am female and dont have one techie bone in my body

2. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Hi Deirdre,,

PM sent.

3. JonesyBrown

JonesyBrown Member

1. Check the network status. Check that the phone is network locked by typing *#7465625# into your keypad. Sometimes phone can be unlocked whilst displaying a network logo.
    2. Get your phone's IMEI number. Type *#06# into your keypad. A screen will appear showing the IMEI number. Make note of this number for later use.
    3. Contact your network provider and request an unlock code. In some cases the network provider won't supply the unlocking code till you have a certain amount of time with them (6 to 12 months). If your provider does not supply the code you can get it from a commercial unlocking website.
    4. Get the unlock code. You can get it over the phone, from your network provider, or from the email that you receive from the unlocking website.
    5. Plug in a new SIM card. Remove the old card and plug in a new card from your preferred network.
    6. Power on your Samsung mobile. You will be asked for an unlock code.
    7. Enter the unlock code. Plug the code you received into your Samsung mobile device and your phone should be unlocked!