1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on how to operate an External Slave Flash

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by thelad, Jul 16, 2010.

1. thelad

thelad Member

My name is Jim and on the older side of Life at 64 years and on a very very limited budget

I have borrowed a External Slave Flash to work with a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ8 with a POP-UP Flash but no instructions on how to use it with the Camera's Pop-Up Flash

The only thing I know is how to attach the extra slave flash to the camera and swiich the unit on and wait till its ready

I tried it and the Extra Slave Flash and itwent OFF after about 3 or 4 seconds after the camera's pop-up flash

I need to use the FLASH in a badly lit room taken images of Bonsai Trees

Just using the Camera's Pop-up Flash I get a lot of Shadow and it does not look good or do the Tree Justice

Please try and advise me I on a very very limited budget this is the reason I borrowed the Extra Slave Flash

hope to hear from someone soon

thank-you in advance

Jim

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. 1nsan3

1nsan3 Regular member

Is there a setting for the pop up flash? i have one on my Fuji s9100 i turn the setting all the way to the lowest negative number still lights up the room well but very little or no shadow.

I still yet need to buy a slave flash, but like u, limited budget right now.