1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a new screen pls help!

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by tez90, Oct 13, 2010.

1. tez90

tez90 Regular member

hi, im looking to buy a replacement screen for my acer cr-8530 digital camera but cannot find one any1 know wheres best to get it at? help is much appreciated. thanks
    the screen is a LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - colour.

2. zip23

zip23 Guest

hi i have a pannosonic tz7 and twice broke the screen they wanted £200.00 to fix.i googled damaged lcd screen for that make and got one off ebay..£27 50.. a company in china. then on you tube there was a german guy doing a step by step vidio to follow..works fine ...im in manchester to ...hope this helps ..zip

3. tez90

tez90 Regular member

iv tried this and it only comes up with reviews and crap lol, thanks for the info anyhow :)

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I can only find them in the trade.. £860 for 20 + 20% tax ..

sadly no actual part number listed.. it's probably a pretty generic part used by lots of makers..

suggestion.. take it apart and see what the actual manufacturers part number sticker says it is..(unless they have peeled it off.. they do this because chances are it's exactly the same screen as on a £50 samsung or fuji camera.. but being an expensive camera they will rip you on the replacement part) it isn't made by Acer.. thats a dead cert..

5. zip23

zip23 Guest

go to wildings on deansgate or call them they use a repair shop that repaired mine under warranty..or phone them,,if the acer is in the £150.00 bracket it will b cheaper to buy new...

6. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

That camera comes in list price at around £180 .. but has no better performance than a fuji finepix 12mp at £79 (with thrown in 4 gig sd card) from argos :) I don't think it's worth repairing.

It looks very much like a rebranded Samsung to me.. one of the £100 bracket ones.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  7. tez90

tez90 Regular member

i got the camera for free, so id thought id fix it, but now i got a orange flashing light? for some reason? it comes on green, then changes to a blinking light?