1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3000 nikon coolpix camera wont shoot picture

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by tempo2006, Feb 18, 2011.

1. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

bought a nikon camera for my girlfriend at christmas and it was working fine but now when i press the button to shoot a picture the red light comes up but then nothing,sometimes little boxes comes on the screen then nothing again,sometimes the little focus square comes up but then nothing again,,the odd time it does take a picture but its once every 15 mins i get a flash but not sure how it worked,,ive read up the troubleshooting guide but still not getting anywhere,its either broke or just a silly little setting on it but its doing my head in,,,all help appreciated

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you changed or charged the batteries?

3. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

yeah have indeed,ive charged it fully ive reset settings to the way they were and when i press the button to take a pic,the red light comes up the focus square comes up but then it just beeps and nothing happens,think ill just bring it back to the shop see what they say cos its only two months old,its like it goes to take a photo but then it just bleeps like something fails,anyhow ill bring it back but if you think of something before then just post it ,anything is worth a shot to save me a trip into the shop,,cheers

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

as it appears to be still under warranty then get it fixed or replaced.