AfterDawn Forums

I can't play Gran Turismo.iso on my PSP 2000 with firmware 5.00 M33

This discussion thread has 52 messages.

I've just downloaded the new Gran Turismo game on the PSP, but I can't play it because I'm using a PSP 2000 with firmware 5.00 M33. On the site it says I need to upgrade my PSP to firmware 5.5 or 6.00 to be able to play most of the newly released games....
But I've read so many ppls who've upgraded to firmware 6.00 and can't play ISO/CSO files after upgrading...
I dunno who to do now....
I've downloaded firmware 6.00 but don't want to upgrade my PSP if it won't allow me to play ISO/CSO files.... is there a patch for Gran Turismo so I can play it on firmware 5.00???
Can frimware 5.5 play ISO/CSO????
I need some advise... I really wanna play the new games I've downloaded... because none of them don't work atm....
▼▼ This topic has 51 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Anyone know of any patched for the game GT?????
No one can until someone makes custom firmware 5.55 or 6.00 . I'm Surprised that you didn't hear about this it's been talked about a lot. This is the same for all new games.

Windows 7 the easy way of life

To install, boot and run Linux off a USB

See http://www.pendrivelinux.com/
Yes I have read about this being discussed, but i just tot there might be a way.... I don't know much about these software/firmware side of the technology.... I only play games on my PSP... I just DL and copy to my ISO folder and play.... if it don't work... i don't even bother with it and DL another game.... it's just that I really wanna play GT!!!!!! -_-'''
Anyways, so no one can play the new games until someone can hack the new firmware 5.55 or 6.00??? I just hope there'll be a patch for GT....
But thanks for your reply~
Look there is a patch for soul caliber. So it cold be played on 5.00 m33. So they could make one for gt(Who Knows?). It's most probable they will.

Originally posted by hasamoder:
Look there is a patch for soul caliber. So it cold be played on 5.00 m33. So they could make one for gt(Who Knows?). It's most probable they will.

Soul Calibur never needed 5.55 or higher, the patch only killed a little piracy check. Even the untouched rip of soul calibur would let you get until after fighter selection. Then instead of the loading bar 4 numbers showed and that was it.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Yea i DL soul calibra a few days ago and it worked on my PSP2000 with 5.00M33-6. I had no problems with it.... i didn't even know about the higher firmwares when I played it.... until I actually downloaded GT and it didn't work, then I started reading post on this forum and started to find out about all these problems with diff firmwares, etc....
Today is actually the first day I've learnt so much regarding hacking a PSP...
I brought my PSP 2000 second hand last year and all i did was network updated it once (FW 5.00 M33-6), then started DL iso/cso and never had a problem.... until today... -__-'''
I was so ignorance to all these firmware hacking stuff.... i just tot all PSP could play cso/iso b4 today.... LOL
I guess i was just one of the lucky ones...
Well look here http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1831 I told ya there would be an update Hooray!! Now time for some gt. :-)

WOW~ is this the new update?? what do we do?
I've DL it but don't know what to do.... do i just copy it to my MS Duo and install it onto my PSP??? I don't understand the 'Read Me' file... it says I rebuild the iso?? how does it work???
can someone please help me? thanks... -_-'''
It patches the ISO or CSO image using the eboot.bin located in the image. Making it compatible with 5.00 m33 and 5.50 gen. It's not custom firmware.

Heres a guide should:

1. Install 5.55 & 6.00 Games Decrypter like any other homebrew.
2. Boot into 5.50 GEN’s recovery console by holding R-TRIGGER on boot.
3. Go to Configuration -> XMB Usb Device -> change to UMD Disc.
4. Enable USB mode from the XMB; copy UMD9660.ISO to your local; open UMDGen.
5. In UMDGen open the UMD9660.ISO file.
6. Navigate to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR; highlight EBOOT.BIN; right-click -> Extract Selected…
7. Save it somewhere; boot into the recovery console again (See step 1); set the USB mode back to Memory Stick (See step 2).
8. Enable USB from the XMB again; copy the encrypted EBOOT.BIN to your memory stick root.
9. Exit out of USB mode and run the Games Decrypter app.
10. Enable USB mode one more time.
11. If you closed UMDGen, reopen it and open UMD9660.ISO; browse to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR.
12. From the newly created DECRYPTOR directory on your memory stick, drag & drop the unencrypted EBOOT.BIN to the right windowpane in UMDGen overwriting the original file.
13. Save the ISO; copy it to the ISO directory on your memory stick.
14. You’re done.

Good Luck :-)

Can anyone tell me how to get from 5.00M33-6 to 550genb2
Originally posted by hasamoder:
It patches the ISO or CSO image using the eboot.bin located in the image. Making it compatible with 5.00 m33 and 5.50 gen. It's not custom firmware.
its reported only to be compatible with 5.50 GEN-B and B2

Thanks for that. I have decrypted the ISO file but it still doesn't play on my 5.00M33-6 firmware. I need to get it too 550genb2
Originally posted by Weirdo109:
Thanks for that. I have decrypted the ISO file but it still doesn't play on my 5.00M33-6 firmware. I need to get it too 550genb2
yes you do

can you tell me how.
links are in this guide click on them and the instructions ae there to

I downloaded the 5.50 gen a firmware and put it in the right folder on the memory stick. on the psp went to the memory stick and ran the update. It started tehn went black then up came an error stating the sysytem config of this PSP does not appear to be correct.

My psp is a PSP1000

PSPident software tells me its Motherboard type TA-086
PSP version Fat v4.0
make sure your battery has a full charge,
that you put the update in the PSP/GAME folder,
follow the instructions,
ive done 3 1000's and two 2000's so far

reflexusa

use your ears to open your soul
use your eyes to seek your goal
that's exactly what I did mate. Getting very frustrated now. Bloody thing.
Hy guys,

I have tried to read the whole thread and forum but ti appears there are too much information.

I have got a PSP fat currently running cfw 5.00 M33-6!!

Just have one or two questions:

- can i jump from cfw 5.00 M33-6 to CFW Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN- (whatever version)

if yes,
- How

Thanks for ur help.

cheers
I finally got mine done with some help from another forum.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=143506

Get the xgen-v2.rar from the link and do as instructed.
Copy it onto your PSP and then run it from the memory stick.

Once complete check your version and all should be well.

Also after it has worked turn the unit of and then back on in RECOVERY mode (hold down right trigger when pressing on button) then go to configuration and setting the No UMD driver?

All now working sweetly. you still need to decrypt for new games.
I just realised I needed to DL UMDGen to be able to encrypt my GT file...
I've updated my PSP 2000 to 5.50Gen-B2, now I'm not too sure what to do with UMDGen.... I opened my GT file in UMDGen and extracted EBoot.bin.... so do I just drag the extracted EBoot.bin file into MP_Root in my MS Duo and then start the decryptor on my PSP????
what do I do after that????? Is tat it???
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.