AfterDawn Forums

Makes no sense

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forums, and I'll make it a quick read.

I have a psp 1000, CFW 5.00 M33-6, and I haven't played it in about a year. I've used it for years, and never had this problem - nor had I changed anything since it was last working properly.

SO, when I turn it on now, it'll only hang at a black screen (but the screen is still on), with the green light - and will only start if I turn it on in recovery mode. Also, it won't turn off when on the black screen. And I know it's not a defect of the actual screen.

I would figure I might have bricked it - normally, but again, I haven't done anything new to it since I played it last - so could it just decide to brick itself one day, even after being inactive for so long? Also it does the same thing plugged into the wall.

I searched through the forums, and everyone who had this same problem - had it happen as a result of something, but I haven't done anything that I imagine would result in a brick.

-Thanks
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
You should get a better thread title.

Here is someone with (I'd say) the exact same problem:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-211/bricked_psp_help-924727/

As an educated guess it could be because of the age of this console. It's 5 to 7 years old by now and seeing the crappy components Sony generally uses, it's kind of a wonder that the PSPs have lasted that long.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Ah ok, I appreciate it. It's definitely a plausible cause.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.