AfterDawn Forums

PSP Slim Bricked???

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

i recently bought a silver PSP 2000 and everytime i turn it on the green light turns on for a few seconds and then shuts off. A friend of mine showed me how to put it into recovery mode but everytime i try exiting out of recovery mode the psp shuts off. I tried pressing "Format flash1 and reset settings" to switch it back to factory settings but it instead shuts off after a couple seconds. can someone please help?!?!? D:
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
If you can enter recovery menue, that's not all bad. It means that a) it's hackable and b) it's not a full brick.
This one here should help:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/520178
Just don't use 1.50, PSP Slim can't run on that, get the latest official update from Sony's website.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
thank you imma have a look at it and see what i can do :)
alrity, so when i toggle usb mode my psp is recognized. But everytime time i click new folder inside the "GAME" folder (to create the "RECOVER" folder)the PSP immidiately shuts off thus making me incapable of me to complete STEP 3 in your link :( your help is greatly appreciated :D
Do you have a cardreader? If yes, just put your card in there and create the folders that way. If you don't have one get a USB cardreader off ebay, they are way cheaper than a pandora battery.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Okay so my memory stick duo adapter finally came in the mail yesterday and I proceeded with fixing it. I copied the eboot file (not 1.5) into the "RECOVERY" file and turned on the PSP in and pressed "run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" and the PSP just shuts off immediately. :( still stuck on step 4... I retried this a few times and still same outcome :(
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.