AfterDawn Forums

***** Dead Space 2 disc swap fix ***** new dashlaunch plugin

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

Our good friend cOz has released a solution for the Dead Space 2 disc swap issue that many people have been stressing over. It's a simple dashlaunch plugin that auto swaps for you, remember to remove the plugin from ini once it's no longer needed/wanted.

** When adding the plugin to your launch.ini be sure to add it as 2 lines
[Plugins]
plugin1 = Hdd:\swap.xex

the [plugins] line if vital, it lets dashlaunch know that there are plugins to load. The plugin WILL NOT LOAD without it.

Quote:
add to dash launch plugins
ie:
plugin1 = Usb:\swap.xex

currently hardcoded for iso2god images which were built and installed as:
disk1: Content\\0000000000000000\\454108DF\\00007000\\831BBD71B701B42512FF
disk2: Content\\0000000000000000\\454108DF\\00007000\\B8605B3BAFB748ACD08A
with .data folders of the same names beside the hash names

Note: this really REALLY ignores most possible errors...

have phun deadites!
cOz

Quote:
add to dash launch plugins
ie:
plugin1 = Usb:\swap.xex

currently hardcoded for iso extracted images which were built and installed as:
disk1: /hdd1/Games/Dead Space 2 D1/
disk2: /hdd1/Games/Dead Space 2 D2/

have phun deadites!
cOz

Quote:
add this to your launch.ini

[Plugins]
plugin1 = Usb:\swapusb0.xex

2 xexs are included swapusb0 and swapusb1 use the one cooresponding to the USB HD
that contains your game files. If you only have 1 usb drive, it will be usb0.

Paths are currently hardcoded for iso extracted images which were built and installed as:
Swapusb0.xex:
disk1: /usb0/Games/Dead Space 2 Disc 1/
disk2: /usb0/Games/Dead Space 2 Disc 2/

Swapusb1.xex:
disk1: /usb1/Games/Dead Space 2 Disc 1/
disk2: /usb1/Games/Dead Space 2 Disc 2/

have phun deadites!
cOz

usb paths added by Blackwolf

Download for all plugins: HERE

▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Another alternative is LT+ right???
this is for jtags, so burning discs is rather dumb.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Only reason I burn discs is for my banned console and backup incase my HDD craps out.
Originally posted by wabashman:
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." : Space Balls.

I just watched this the other day, and your comment brought the memory back lol. Thanks for the update as always!

gcooldude, I do the same thing. I've got a couple JTAGs, but I backup my images to discs to play on a banned console.
Originally posted by BillB:
Originally posted by wabashman:
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." : Space Balls.

I just watched this the other day, and your comment brought the memory back lol. Thanks for the update as always!

gcooldude, I do the same thing. I've got a couple JTAGs, but I backup my images to discs to play on a banned console.
I've had my computer screw up couple times so glad my images are backed up.
so I guess this worked for everyone ?

I don't quite understand how to use it.

The game was an iso which I extracted to my hdd, so I downloaded the middle package.

I'm guessing the .ini has to be like this:
[Plugins]
plugin1 = Hdd:\swap.xex

So in this case, the swap.xex file will be on the root of my hdd. What about all the other files which came in the plugin package? Do they need to be in the root too, or do they have to placed in the freestyle plugins folder?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.