AfterDawn Forums

*** Flash360 v1.0 ***

This discussion thread has 14 messages.

>> Redline99 released an XDK (XEX) flasher to overwrite your NAND (like for an XBReboot update) directly from your homebrew Xbox 360!
From the readme/nfo:
[QUOTE]
Place in the root dir of a usb drive:
updslot0.bin - Xell (Address 0x0C0000 max length 0x040000 bytes, no metadata)
updslot1.bin - Rebooter (Address 0x100000 max length 0x140000 bytes, no metadata)
updpatch.bin - Rebooter Patches (Address 0x194000 max length 0x004000 bytes, no metadata)

updflash.bin - Nand Image File (this must include the metadata or aka spare/ecc bytes) Must be the full nand with exceptions for consoles with a built in Memory Unit.
Flash360 will scan the bad block reservation area of the file to be flashed. If it finds blocks that have been remapped then it sets the writing mode to write the file as-is. If it determines that no blocks have been remapped then it sets its write mode to relocate any blocks as it goes along.
The block relocator logic will only apply to the Flash partition. This means that it will not try to relocate any block from the built in Memory Unit (if available).
A simple check of the KV will be done if the choice to not copy it from the current nand is selected. Flash360 cannot currently get the CPU key to completely verify the KV before writing. If it detects a difference in the first page it will warn you before proceeding.

If Flash360 is ran from a HDD, USB or MU, saving the current nand image will be available. The raw dumped nand file will be saved to "D:\flashdmp.bin". (same dir as xex)

For consoles with built in MU:
You can select to save the entire nand or only the Flash partition (66 MiB). This also means you can write just Flash partition (66 MiB) to the nand.

When writing the Flash you can select to keep the current Keyvault and Config blocks. This is the recommended way to flash XBRebooter, straight from the release package.

If any writing to the nand is done do not return to the dash or bring up the guide. An auto shutdown mechanism is in place by backing out of the main menu.

The power plug should be removed to allow for a complete reinitialization of console.

Notes:
It is up to the user to verify the validity of the file(s) to be flashed.

Flashing the nand is risky, I hope it works well for everyone, if problems ariseI will do my best to address them. There are still many items I would like to do/add to this app, so it will be a work in progress.

When using this app do not do anything that will interrupt it. Do not use the big center guide button on the controller. Do not have the dash doing anything in the background. Remember what this application is doing is replacing the contents on the nand without the rest of the system knowing about it.

There is also a new Xell I have created with many of these features plus some new ones that should be nice. Time didnt permit releasing it though.
[/QUOTE]

Official Site: n/a, by Redline99
Download: n/a (built with XDK)
▼▼ This topic has 13 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
EclipseModz on Se7enSins has wrote a tutorial on this. Big up to the original author.

Flash 360 is a new flashing program that boots from the 360 Dashboard. It makes updating it 100x easier and faster! Full NAND dumps and flashes in around 30 seconds!

What you will need:
Xbox 360 with XBR installed
USB Drive with Flash360 files in root.
XeXLoader

1) Download Flash 360 from Xbins (Link)

Open Xbins.exe and download Flash360 from the XBOX360/dashboards/Flash360 folder

3) Put XBR image with or without KV and Config injected. It doesn't matter. Name the File updflash.bin

4) Connect USB drive to 360 and turn the 360 on.

5) Go into your games and start XEXLoader

6) In XEXLoader launch the Flash360.xex

7) Once Flash360 has loaded up. We are going to make a backup of your NAND before we flash to it. So hit the X Button.

8) Hit A Button to Save entire NAND to file.

9) Once done you will see this. Then press any button to continue.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/...BR/IMG_0094.jpg

10) Press back to return to main menu. Now push A Button to Write updflash.bin to NAND.

11) If you did not inject your KV and config then you will push Button A.
If you injected your KV and config then you will push Button B.

12) It will say comparing KV's then say. Press A button to begin. So Press A.

13) You will then see the progress.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/...BR/IMG_0098.jpg

14) When done you will see this. Press any button to continue.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/...BR/IMG_0100.jpg

15)Press back button to go to main menu

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/...BR/IMG_0101.jpg

16)Press BACK Button to SHUTDOWN. *DO NOT RETURN TO DASHBOARD!*

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/...BR/IMG_0102.jpg

17) You are done. Turn the 360 back on and enjoy your updated XBR![/QUOTE]

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Make poverty history, cheaper drugs NOW!
I just re-flashed 4 xenon consoles that had xbr_1 to xbr_3 and added xellous at the same time last night. Didn't have to take the systems apart, or use lpt cable or a linux cd and it took no time at all this is awesome!

XBOX Halo Ed. = DuoX2 w/250gb HD
Xbox 360 Red Elite 120GB HDD = no-stealth 1.6 & XBReboot V3 & 1TB usb hdd
PS2 Slim = freemcboot v1.8 - PSP Black Slim = 5.00m33-6
Wii = w/ Blue XCM ii-case, Wiikey2 & softmodded
heres a link for flash360 v1.0 click me

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Re-flashing without LPT cables and 30 minute read/writes?!?!

I just had an orgasm. Wait........... just had another.

i always thought you were a woman E...jk

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
So cool.

Just one more reason that somebody needs to create a temporary JTAG tool.

In the satellite receiver NAND flashing days this was done by using "pogo" pins, which are spring-loaded pins that are attached to wire/LPT. The pins are arranged to make contact with the proper points on the motherboard and clip into place when you need to read/write the NAND. When you are finished, you simply unclip the pins and you can re-use your NAND reader for another box; no soldering required.

Here is a link to pogo pins on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Spring-Loaded-Pogo-P...=item3ca75c2f95

Who's up to the task of designing this for the 360? :)

$38 on new discs -- Check
$15 on burn after burn that showed as a DVD -- Check
$11 on new laser -- Check
$28 on new multimeter -- Check
pretty sure that the jtag connections have to stay in place though on 360s. otherwise it would be a great idea.

Originally posted by qwert99:
So cool.

In the satellite receiver NAND flashing days this was done by using "pogo" pins, which are spring-loaded pins that are attached to wire/LPT. The pins are arranged to make contact with the proper points on the motherboard and clip into place when you need to read/write the NAND. When you are finished, you simply unclip the pins and you can re-use your NAND reader for another box; no soldering required.

Here is a link to pogo pins on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Spring-Loaded-Pogo-P...=item3ca75c2f95

Nice idea, reckon this will work on DB1F1?

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Originally posted by miketrev:
Originally posted by qwert99:
So cool.

Nice idea, reckon this will work on DB1F1?
EDIT : Ignore, just realised after Wabash's post that it does need to be permanent for the JTAG bit, only the FTP cable can be removed

EDIT 2: Sorry, though I pressed Edit not Reply
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Jan 2010 @ 12:19

Originally posted by wabashman:
i always thought you were a woman E...jk

I'll let that slide, but only because I'm in the middle of having another org..........................
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Jan 2010 @ 14:12

Originally posted by wabashman:
pretty sure that the jtag connections have to stay in place though on 360s. otherwise it would be a great idea.
Forgive me, I haven't actually done the homebrew hack to a 360 yet, but I plan to very soon (just got a compatible Xbox)... but can you leave the JTAG portion of the hack where you are only joining connections on the motherboard and remove the other portion of the hack, the NAND reader/writer? If that were the case, we could still use a pogo pin flasher and just solder the JTAG portion of the hack itself. That would still be a lot less soldering.

That's correct.
I could be wrong but don't think that "commercially" a group would release a pogo setup for sale since there might not really be many exploitable 360's out there and fewer people that would spend money on it only to do their one system.
If you're actually doing multiple systems or uncrippling banned systems then it could be useful but I actually like soldering.
I bet that we will see some useful stuff that is user made though.

XBOX Halo Ed. = DuoX2 w/250gb HD
Xbox 360 Red Elite 120GB HDD = no-stealth 1.6 & XBReboot V3 & 1TB usb hdd
PS2 Slim = freemcboot v1.8 - PSP Black Slim = 5.00m33-6
Wii = w/ Blue XCM ii-case, Wiikey2 & softmodded
I don't mind soldering... I just don't like soldering on $200 pieces of equipment any more than I have to :)

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.