AfterDawn Forums

***** New xbox 360 Glitch hack will have your slim running unsigned code *****

This discussion thread has 45 messages.

The people over at LibXenon have discovered a brand new exploit for the xbox 360 that results in the ability to run unsigned code and the best thing about this is that the SLIM MODELS ARE EXPLOITABLE :D For more information and download CLICK HERE
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Aug 2011 @ 12:58

▼▼ This topic has 44 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Exiting stuff, I expect it will be a good few months before us end users get to mod our own boxes.

360key had best release now or be overshadowed by this.
there is no way that the xk3y can compete with this

Originally posted by jpizzle:
there is no way that the xk3y can compete with this
I know the xkey will not be able to run unsigned code, its just emulates the drive. With this new method, all being well, we should see FSD for the slims!

What I meant to say is that xkey say they are ready to release, they should do that now rather than wait any longer as the more people that hear about this new method, the less they will be able to sell.
very true

I wonder if they'll get something to work on live?
you would wonder that

wow, it's about time! Now for this to move and move into custom dashes :)
Wow didn't expect this and what a time to happen, right before all the big releases of the year.
I don't see this being too much news for those of us to like using live. Basically maybe a dashboard but I doubt it, maybe a softmod but it will get patched. Nothing else will be possible without getting banned.

We don't even know if it's detectable. If it's not, I am sure everyone will start going this route to run games. NO more disc, homebrew, etc. How wonderful!
Unsigned code on a Slim! I just had an orgasm thanks to you pizzle :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Aug 2011 @ 23:25

cletoz you clearly do not understand what this hack means, maybe you should read it again and edit your post :p

FSD on the slims,just in time for the new disc format,
cletoz you clearly do not understand what this hack means, maybe you should read it again and edit your post :p
Yep. He's only seeing the probability of no Live, and not the possibility of EVERYTHING else.

so this will be like the hack for the ps3 yes
If all of this pans out (I have yet to test this out myself), we could see an xbox live safe JTAG, but there's still a LOT of work needed on this as this is only a PRELIMINARY leap in that direction. I can't even imagine how much time was spent (by this team alone) finding these exploits. jpizzle, prepare to be hammered with questions by a new generation of JTAGers....hopefully soon. :D
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Aug 2011 @ 5:55

"All drives should be updated to Lite Touch + (LT+) firmware if playing on XBOX live. Samsung drives and pre-78/79 Hitachi drives do not utilize AP 2.5. All other drives are considered to be detectable by Microsoft (YMMV). Make sure all rips are ABGX verified, contain SSv2, and patched AP2.5 (where needed). XGD3 must currently be burned on new drive with PC Burner Max firmware for 100% rip. All modded consoles can be potentially unsafe for use on XBOX live."
Originally posted by busabill:
so this will be like the hack for the ps3 yes
LOL. I assume you never saw the jtag?
So, I assume it's safe for me to buy a slim now? Or at least... get one from a current batch before M$ fixes this
they cant fix this, they need to come out with a new model.

Damn, that made me feel like homer eating a donut... aaaarrrghhhh
Which will be a while. I didn't see where you're supposed to buy the chip?
try google :p

they are selling out fast everywhere
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Aug 2011 @ 14:27

Your mean ;)

I might wait to see what maximus develops. I'm sure more tools will be on the way, especially if it cannot be patched up by M$
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Aug 2011 @ 15:17
why pay 4x for a 15 dollar item? bought all the parts i needed for 27 bucks shipped. well, bought some for some 'spare' slims as well.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.