AfterDawn Forums

can anybody please help me with my jtag xbox 360?

This discussion thread has 22 messages.

okay here is the deal,somebody has jtagged my xbox 360.i now have version 2.0.8955.0.and the hardware area is all done correct.but i
didnt gave my harddisk to him so he didnt put xexloader and other stuff on it,i already bought a harddisk with 320 gb because i heard you can play games directly from an usb harddisk.as you already
guesses i am a big noob regarding to jtagged xbox and the person who did this for me had a problem with his back and i cant reach him for the software,i now have jtagged xbox without the software to run the games,i tried to google it but i didnt unerstand it very good.what
i would like to know is : how to use and install xexloader or another
loader,which format do i put the games on the harddrive,i always download an .iso file from about 7 gb,in what map do i put the games etcetera etcetera,how do i remove the system updates because i burnt a game yesterday and i couldnt use it because i had to update the xbox and i chose -no dont update.i am a big noob with this and i desperately want to use my xbox360 so if anybody can give me simple instructions how this works,i would really appreciate it.thanks in advance
▼▼ This topic has 21 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Grab the latest XeX Menu iso and burn it to an rw. Then just play the dvd in your 360. XeX Menu will boot. Browse the dvd and "copy" code9999. Then browse your MS hdd and "paste" code9999 to your content/0000000000000000 folder.

As for iso's, leave them on your pc and extract them to a folder (give the folder the same name as the game) using Xbox Image Browser. Then just patch the folder (gamehacker or xextool), remove the systemupdate folder from inside that folder, and drop the game folder on to your usb hdd.

That'll get you started. There's alot more you can do.
thanks man,this should get me going.i appreciate it.
It's no problem.

It's easy to be overwhelmed. Homebrew is still fairly new. There's new programs coming out every week. So there's a sea so info to wade through.

okay i have used the xbox imagebrowser and downloaded the mscommctl.ocx file for the imagebrowser and extracted the files except the system updat,i didnt know if i had to put the system update in the folder,and then i tried to use xextool but if i click
on it i see a little black subscreen(the ones you see if you probably extract something like its running a program but for half a second and then its gone,how do i use the xextool and do i need it if i already removed the system update by not patching it into the game folder?and the game is bioshock 2 but the .iso is called IMAGE,do i have to name the gamefolder bioshock 2?sorry for all
the questions by the way and thanks in advance.
this i forget to ask in my last post,i had said that i extracted all files except the system update because i didnt know if i needed to extract the image.iso as a total or extract the subcatogeries like single player,multiplayer and shared binks so now i have a map called bioshock 2 with three submaps called single- multiplayer and shared binks
I should have given a little more detail. When you open your iso with Xbox Image Browser, just right-click on the game and select "Extract" and save it to your folder.

Thanks for the directions in such an easy to follow manner, bhetrick.. They have been mentally noted. I have tons of real life stuff going on right now, so I don't have time to do the JTAG hack, or play 360 for that matter, right now. I have a mod-capable 360 sitting on the shelf, just waiting for the day when I do get a bit of time, however. I'm trying to sponge up all of the info necessary in the mean time. Thanks again.

$38 on new discs -- Check
$15 on burn after burn that showed as a DVD -- Check
$11 on new laser -- Check
$28 on new multimeter -- Check
thats no problem,i really appreciate the help and now i have extracted exectly as you said,thank you.and hopefully the last question,if i doubleclick with the left mouse button on xextool to patch the game to remove the system update from the game,the
xextool program opens for half a second and then it closes.how do
i use the xextool to remove system update?do i have to rightclick it with my mouse or is it another way?
To remove the system update, after you extracted the iso with Xbox Image Browser, just go in the folder you extracted the iso in to and delete the system update folder. That's all there is to it.
thanks dude,i will do this when i get back from work and finally and
hopefully play the games,.thank you
kingbucan Suspended due non-functional email address
Hi everyone. My name is luke and i am having toubles. I want to get a j tagged xbox360 but are not sure of the risks, I know you have to download games in wave 4 and patch them so they dont get recognised as fakes. But i have no idea how to do this seriously i am complete noob!!!

Have just started messing round with all this stuff, and wanted to know if modio stil works to rehash and resign or has microsft stopped it working or even worse put something in there so when you connect and try to mod it knows.

My friend can j tag my xbox. But will i get banned and what firmware do i use should i wait till 1.7 comes out or has the ban wave stopped. Please i ma so confused i just need some friendly person out there to take me under your wings and teach me some shit. Ill show u some elevators in cod?

Luke. E
Originally posted by kingbucan:
Hi everyone. My name is luke and i am having toubles. I want to get a j tagged xbox360 but are not sure of the risks, I know you have to download games in wave 4 and patch them so they dont get recognised as fakes. But i have no idea how to do this seriously i am complete noob!!!

Have just started messing round with all this stuff, and wanted to know if modio stil works to rehash and resign or has microsft stopped it working or even worse put something in there so when you connect and try to mod it knows.

My friend can j tag my xbox. But will i get banned and what firmware do i use should i wait till 1.7 comes out or has the ban wave stopped. Please i ma so confused i just need some friendly person out there to take me under your wings and teach me some shit. Ill show u some elevators in cod?
You really need to do a bit of searching on your own. It's obvious you haven't even tried, if you had you'd have found out very quickly that a Jtag box cannot be used on Live, period, among many other incorrect things you state. Read up a bit, then come back when you have a specific question and don't just want to be spoon fed.

Basically, if you do the JTAG and go online, you will be banned. Due to this, you may as well install unstealthed firmware that will play all waves.

In regards to resigning stuff, I don't even bother. I just download my XBLA titles via newsgroups and then just place them in my content/0000000000000000 folder. You can however just download demos from xbox live (from a diff xbox) and then re-sign it with the Yaris hack.

Not to be an arse, but Petries is right. From reading your post, its obvious your quite new to all of this so defo do a bit more research before you start.

If you then have any specific question, post here and we can help you out.

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Make poverty history, cheaper drugs NOW!

It sounds like you have jtag and drive flashing confused. Your post is describing a flashed console, not a jtag'd. There's a big difference.
instead of making a new topic asking the same question, i decided to ask it here instead.
i aquired a jtagged 360 (black elite one) guy the done the jtag and i'm sitting on the same 2.0.8955.0, i got a disc with the 360 which had 3 files on it, kv orig and xbr3, now i'm not sure what the next process is because from all the guides i look at its all about soldering this that and the other, dumping this and dumping that.

the guys currently awol at the moment so i can't ask him about it.

cheers
if you have those files, its already jtaged. just start putting programs/games on it and use it.... see HERE about homebrew applications and all that jazz

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Originally posted by wabashman:
if you have those files, its already jtaged. just start putting programs/games on it and use it.... see HERE about homebrew applications and all that jazz
yeah sorry m8, as soon as i posted this, the guy contacted me so i'm sorting it all out as we speak, thanks for replying quickly :)
I just received my jtag, working on getting my CoD:MW2 files working right, so far i've got the hacked files on my USB drive, plugged it into xexmenu then put in CoD disc, copied disc to my games folder on the USB. unplugged it, replugged it back into my PC. moved my hacked files(saved on a separate folder than the CoD game) into the CoD folder(copy/replace). Put USB back in, ran xexmenu, then ran my default_mp.xex. CoD loaded up just fine, went to system link, linked my elite(non jtagg'd) to it.. no mods were active or anything... Am i missing something?
hey guys, I've been reading through alot of the posts regarding jtagging... as I'm going to be doing my system soon as well... (i've got another post going about jtagging for the first time!), but since we're on the topic here... I thought I'd ask...

After I do the physical jtag, what do i do next? in lamens terms...

1) jtag console (which includes flashing the nand with a chosen dash)
2) ?
3) ?

I have a spare 500 gb hd that I want to use, but I'm just not sure what steps to take...
What I ulitmately would like to accomplish is to have a jtag'd system, where I can just download my .iso's, and put them on a hd, and play from that.... OR use an actual disk (burnt or orig). I know you have to create a specific folder, and put the .iso's in there.... but is it as easy as that?
My drive is working, and as far as I know its stock-so dvd key should be easy enough to get. I also want to use the 360 for emulation to play older games... I'm assuming I would still need to flash the drive to play backups, as that would have nothing to do with the jtag'd system...

Any info would be much appreciated!
Help, have a jtagged console, no probs putting iso's on, but how the heck do u put xbl stuff on to work, have tried putting them in the 00000000000000 file but nothing happens! Also have the new red dead redemption add on, how do I put this on? Any help would be really appreciated as Im losing the will to live lol thanks

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.