AfterDawn Forums

Hitachi Drive, JF , Just need drive key, pissin me off

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

So the drive is a 79 i believe, hitachi, and i cant get into mode b, hell i cant get it to let me choose mode B.
got the sata connection in lowest number, all intruding programs shut down, everything i can think of and it just wont work. the pictures show where im stuck. help is appreciated and thank you.

▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Alright was thinking that its recognizes my computer hd. And not the hitachi drive
So what am i doing wrong. Done this before. Dont have a via chipship just onboard sata ports
Can buy a via from best buy if i have too
Any suggestions
on jf u need to scroll down to your drive,your reading your hd on jf not the xbox drive,plus u need the unlock cd also for that drive

aint flashed anything in 2 years and that was a benq, guess ima do this unlock crap now lol
yep you need to look for pslax a slax linux version which sends the modeb command to your drive.

After the modeb is set in linux, reboot to windows and use jungleflasher to flash your drive.
I have done 1 in the past.

Just wondering around
the only way i could get the 79 flashed was by using the ck3.i dont believe it will work if your using your xbox to power the drive .
Originally posted by user473:
the only way i could get the 79 flashed was by using the ck3.i dont believe it will work if your using your xbox to power the drive .
I think you can use xbxo360 to power the drive and you can put your drive onto mode b. There is a trick explain in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNO55iC17Bc

Dharmin
my question would be did you follow the tutorial in jf and do exactly what it said? hitachi drives can be a pain but if you follow the guide exactly it will work! and yes you need the unlock cd to get it into mode b!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.