AfterDawn Forums

How to play NFS Hot Pursuit on JTAG

This discussion thread has 19 messages.

How do I play NFS on JTAG without corrupting everything?
▼▼ This topic has 18 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
extract it, and put it on the hard drive and play. mine works just fine and dandy.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
make sure dashlaunch 2.07 is installed to disable AP 2.5 or the game WILL NOT LOAD !

Do you have a tutorial to install it? Also will it work with DashLaunch 2.07 on NXE?
download dashlaunch 2.07 HERE

extract package and put the "installer" folder on your JTAG run the xex inside and follow on screen prompts, thats it.

NXE will work fine ;)

So I put the installer folder on the MS HDD?
yes. then run the default.xex file and follow the onscreen instructions. its extremely noob friendly.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
bump

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Dec 2010 @ 12:27

microsoft after a ban wave
How can I tell which freeboot version I have to run dashlaunch 2.07?
do you have the new kinect dashboard? If so then that is the correct version for dashlaunch 2.07

Originally posted by jpizzle:
do you have the new kinect dashboard? If so then that is the correct version for dashlaunch 2.07
I have the new freeboot installed as well as the new dash launch. However, when i attempt to load NFS all I get is a black screen. any thoughts? it is a pal version.
Originally posted by jpizzle:
No, its still at NXE dashboard. I am a newb with this JTAG stuff, I bought the console from someone who jtag'd it.

What is the newest version of freeboot? Also, I saw a video on how to install freeboot and you need CPU key, is this the same as the DVD key?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Dec 2010 @ 12:49
power on the JTAG with the eject button to boot in XeLL and it will display your CPU key, write it down and double check to make sure it is written down correctly. use flash360 to make a backup of your current nand. Downloaded best pigs tool box HERE and open the nand dump enter CPU key and it will create your new freeboot image. Use flash360 to flash and your done ;)

I installed the new Kinect Dashboard and everything works fine. Now is there anything else aside from dashlaunch to run the new AP 2.5 games?
nope

Awesome. So I get this right, I put the "installer" folder on my external HDD and run the XEX inside? And thank you again for all your patience and assistance for everyone on this forum. You all are very helpful
yep, you can also put the a launch.ini file in the root of your HDD and when you run the installer it will edit it for you. If you want FSD to auto boot on startup add
"default = (your FSD path here)"

Okay I placed the installer folder for dashlaunch 2.07 on my external HDD and installed it. Do I need to do anything now to disable AP 2.5?
nope

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.