AfterDawn Forums

ix 1.6 non-stealth firmware for all revs of LiteOn

This discussion thread has 22 messages.

Tags: iXtreme
Found over at XBH and XS. This is iX 1.6 modified to boot all wave ISOs. Contains iX 1.6 nonstealth for 7, 8, 8v2, and 9 series LiteOn. Also has Samsung and BenQ but there is already iX 1.61 for them. This is not Live recommended.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D77CH2CY

Enjoy.

Edit- Maybe the above link will start working again later on. I've included more links.

LiteOn - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7HPECH7W
BenQ and Samsung - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYRQHLAC
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Dec 2009 @ 11:41

Jungle Flasher Tutorial | Jungle Flasher Troubleshooting Guide | Latest JF version: 0.1.75 | <-- All credit goes to Team Jungle/HyperX.
360 Drives and Motherboard Identification | Make a Bootable USB Drive | JF walk-through for <BenQ> <Samsung> <All LiteOns>
▼▼ This topic has 21 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
anyone that needs it, be sure to look at this

need jtag help? Xbox 360 console repair? PM me or chat
hey thanks this solved my dilemma of trying to go back to xtreme 5.2 in order to get it not to bother doing the security checks. confirmed to be working with samsung. Will try liteon later on
ix16-liteon-repack_nostealth.bin

ix16-liteon838_nostealth.bin

template_ix16-liteon83850V2_nostealth

template_ix16-liteon93450_nostealth

there are 4 fw..what's the different btween them..especailly for the
first two (repack ??)
Originally posted by emukwok:
ix16-liteon-repack_nostealth.bin - For 74850C series LiteOn

ix16-liteon838_nostealth.bin - For 83850C series LiteOn

template_ix16-liteon83850V2_nostealth - For 83850C v2 (August 2009) series LiteOn

template_ix16-liteon93450_nostealth - For 93450C series LiteOn

Jungle Flasher Tutorial | Jungle Flasher Troubleshooting Guide | Latest JF version: 0.1.75 | <-- All credit goes to Team Jungle/HyperX.
360 Drives and Motherboard Identification | Make a Bootable USB Drive | JF walk-through for <BenQ> <Samsung> <All LiteOns>
Originally posted by leerage:

template_ix16-liteon83850V2_nostealth - For 83850C v2 (August 2009) series LiteOn

THX...flash later....

THX...flash later....
No problem. :)

Hmmm.. not sure why it is unavailable. Anyways, I added other links too.

fyi to anyone who interested. confirm the liteon non-stealth works as well. Was able to load the extreme volleyball 2 with nude patch just fine :) I always use that game cause I know that game will fail all the checks lol
While I understand that this is not Live recommended (no modded firmware is) would you guys say that this is likely to be on par with ixtreme 1.41 non-stealth for benq in terms of safety?

The assumption (another dirty word, yes I know) going around at the moment is that bad responses from stealth checks in the firmware allowed (or maybe only assisted) M$ to flag modded drives. Most people seem to think this is the reason that drives flashed with 1.41 (and only ever flashed with 1.41) seem to have avoided the ban wave.

If this new Liteon firmware has completely removed stealth checks then it should be as safe (not safe, but as safe) as the Rev 4 1.41 for benq that has been adjusted by SS.

Thoughts anyone? I swear to god i'll flip my lid if anyone comes back with, "The only way to be 100% safe is to not play on live blah blah blah.....". Hopefully i've made it reasonably clear that I understand the risks and potential ramifications.
Hmmm.. not sure why it is unavailable. Anyways, I added other links too.
I just tried your original link and it works fine.

I would recommend all to use that one.

need jtag help? Xbox 360 console repair? PM me or chat
funkchunk----

if you want to be completely safe on lIVE, dont go on with a hacked box. use a normal stock one.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Originally posted by wabashman:
funkchunk----

if you want to be completely safe on lIVE, dont go on with a hacked box. use a normal stock one.
Haha I hope to god that was a joke.....
and if it wasnt???

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Originally posted by wabashman:
and if it wasnt???
...sigh...

Maybe I'll change the subject slightly to avoid where this is inevitably going.

I flashed my stock Liteon 7 series with this firmware this afternoon. So far I have played both Beatles Rock Band and MW2 whilst connected to live.

I've reset the console a number of times and don't yet have a ban.

I know, I know. I may have been flagged and will cop it in the next banwave. I guess we'll see.

Cross your fingers for me as my backup elite has a Liteon 9 series and I'm not good enough at cutting traces and soldering to give that one a go yet....
so... since no firmware is considered "xbl safe" what is the major difference between using 1.41 rev5 non-stealth and 1.61 non-stealth?

i just flashed a benq with 1.41 and it boots wave 4 games without a problem (or activate.iso disc). is there any benefit from upgrading to 1.61?

C.R.3.A.M.
Bump

I would like to know this as well, is there really any difference between SS Rev3 1.41 FW, or the 1.6 non stealth?
well other than there is no firmware below 1.5 for lite-ons, nothing.....

Just a little warning, I just notice that after flashing with non-stealth xtreme file I can no longer play original xbox360 games. it shows up as dvd instead of games. This happened with my friends xbox as well. Can anyone else who's use this confirm this?
Originally posted by drayn:
Just a little warning, I just notice that after flashing with non-stealth xtreme file I can no longer play original xbox360 games. it shows up as dvd instead of games. This happened with my friends xbox as well. Can anyone else who's use this confirm this?

looks like a bad flash

Originally posted by infam0us:
Originally posted by drayn:

looks like a bad flash
Umm On multiple xboxes? I'll check with another friend who used this same firmware to see if he's experiencing the same issue. If you think it's a bad flash does that mean you used this non-stealth version and you are still able to play originals? Oh also I did mention that I can play everything else right? all modified xbox iso and xbox iso of any wave.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Feb 2010 @ 0:03
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.