AfterDawn Forums

Jtag and games from external hard drive help

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

Ok, so I am about to use ISO2GOD to create my game right? Well, with xexmenu 1.1, do I still need to patch it?

If so, I do not recall how to do so.

Regards

Budro

Knowledge is power, ignorance is weakness.
Flash any hitachi

▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
no you dont. just did the with guessswhos jtag console i did for him. just install the game to your HD via nxe dash, go to the game in recent played, then tab over to nxe2god and run it that way.

also, you know where you should be posting if you want fast help for homebrew....lol...

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Well iso2god works fine. But I can't get xexmenu to boot a xex file from my external hard drive.

Is there another way of doing this?

Flash any hitachi

Ok, nevermind.

I've figured out that only wave 6 games don't boot. All other games work fine.

Any work around for this yet?

Regards

Budro

Flash any hitachi

did you delete the update folder ?

Speaking of playing games from the external hd. Do they play as fast from the external as they do from the internal? Would you notice the difference in loading times? Also,why won't wave 6 games not work? Do they play from internal hd? I'm thinking of buying a jtag console so just curious. Thanks.
Originally posted by htorihpeS:
Speaking of playing games from the external hd. Do they play as fast from the external as they do from the internal? Would you notice the difference in loading times? Also,why won't wave 6 games not work? Do they play from internal hd? I'm thinking of buying a jtag console so just curious. Thanks.
The limiting speed factor for an external hard drive would be the speed of USB. USB 2.0 will give transfer speeds of about 35MB/s. I am not sure what the rate of transfer is for the internal hard drive, but it probably is something like 25MB/s max transer rate. If those assumptions are correct, you could expect to see faster transfer speeds out of an external drive, as long as you get a decent one. If you get some 5200 RPM 2.5" laptop hard drive in an external enclosure, you will probably just get speeds equivalent to the internal hard drive. Like I say, though, this is just my speculation.

$38 on new discs -- Check
$15 on burn after burn that showed as a DVD -- Check
$11 on new laser -- Check
$28 on new multimeter -- Check
Troika Suspended due non-functional email address
Modern warfare loads way fast from external,try doa4 and you wil be amazed as it loads almost instantly in time attack modes and survival--havent checked every mode though.last years games and some earlier ones seem to load almost the same as from dvd like farcry2 and ufc.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.