AfterDawn Forums

jtag wont play latest kinect games

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

hi i have an jtaged xbox updated to the latest dash(15574) and running a freestyle dash.the problem i have is that all my games work fine but the latest kinect games wont.it says i require an update.has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know how to solve it
thanks
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
anybody help please!
The actual disc is asking you for an update?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 30 Sep 2012 @ 11:43
no the game is being run off my exturnal hdd
maybe the freedash needs an update. Many times unofficial support lags behind official channels.
wondering if when you ftp the games to the HDD that you delete the system update file as you don't need or want that. that might get rid of the problem cause the game won't know to ask for an update.
did you update the kinect itself? check console info you will see there D:2.0.15574.0(your dash) - K:2.0.15574.0(kinect firm) if the numbers dont match(K: shows an older dash number) the update message only comes when the kinect is connected... also if the green led is flashing on the kinect that means it need an update... the update is for the kinect unit and not the xbox itself.. make sure when you updated your jtag/rgh you also installed the avatar update... also take note that once kinect is updated to a higher dash it will also bug you with update due to xbox is using a lower dash version... lol it likes being silly like that...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Oct 2012 @ 2:49

PC i7 3770K 8Gb Ram Radeon 290X 4TB WD Black 60Gb SDD
Xbox360 Slim RGH Dash 16202
Xbox360 PHAT 14719 BENQ drive
Black PS3 CECH-L04 PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
White PS3 CECH-2506B PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
Black PS3 DECH-J00A DEX FW4.50
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.