AfterDawn Forums

Jungle flasher wont find my drive

This discussion thread has 33 messages.

Why wont Jungle flasher find my drive?
▼▼ This topic has 32 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement

Should i delete that driver??
no, you should give more information. like what drive what are you doing what exactly you are doing step by step and what is happening.

360 Benq ixtreme 1.6, Talismoon Whispermax (blue), custom window, black metallic paint, western digital 120gb hard drive
Wii (launch console) 3.3 Twilight Hack wiigator .3g
fat PSP 3.51 m33-7
DS (original blue) g6 lite flash kit w/passcard
Well, I turned off my computer, hooked a Lite on drive to it with a connectivity kit V3 xecuter, turned on jungle flasher and tried to find the drive but it wont show up anywhere. im trying to flash my drive.
Originally posted by Fenix1:
Well, I turned off my computer, hooked a Lite on drive to it with a connectivity kit V3 xecuter, turned on jungle flasher and tried to find the drive but it wont show up anywhere. im trying to flash my drive.
But, did you install portio32.exe that comes with jungleflasher, if you did, good. Your drive doesn't show up in device manager unless you have 0800 firmware installed to rip games, it will show under a sata port in jungleflasher as DG-16d2s, in dvdkey32 make sure include non-ide ports is checked.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Sep 2009 @ 11:44

Consoles:

XBOX360 Falcon console with Lite-On 74850C

PS3 80gb phat model with 120gb hdd

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
Im sorry im such a noob. The problem is it wont show up in jungle flasher and yes i did include non ide ports. The port i/o32 thing aswell, i didnt install the one that came with jungle flasher cause there where some issues with vista and it so i got it from somewhere, could that be the problem then? and also I read that some via drivers are meant to be uninstalled, do i have to if u look at the picture i posted earlier?
did you read leerages tutorial? its pretty self explanatory in it.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Yes, i did
ok. do you have the via 6421 PCI card?

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
No? do i absoulutly need one?
I've used nforce4 to do it without uninstalling drivers and I don't even know what mine is but I doubt it's via or nforce but it works.

Consoles:

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
if your onboard sata ports wont detect your drive with the proper drivers installed (the ones that come with JF) then yes you need the PCI card. its only 15 bucks anyways.

Is there any link for that port I/O 32 thing for vista, cause the one that comes with jungle flasher dosent work:S
and where can i get a via 6421 PCI card?
Is there any link for that port I/O 32 thing for vista, cause the one that comes with jungle flasher dosent work:S
you can install it manually (guide included in jungleflasher in a folder: manual_install)

My on board sata is just called: Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0

But it works for every drive.

EDIT: So is yours so it should work.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Sep 2009 @ 12:11

Consoles:

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
you have to install it manually in vista. just follow the text file with JF on how to do it. but according your your screen shot, its already installed. so my suggestion would be to spend the 15 bucks on the PCI card.

Originally posted by wabashman:
you have to install it manually in vista. just follow the text file with JF on how to do it. but according your your screen shot, its already installed. so my suggestion would be to spend the 15 bucks on the PCI card.
That's a bit odd though, he has the same on board sata ports as me but mine works.

Consoles:

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
it should work, but wont show up, why?
well then either portio didnt install correctly (doubt it as it shows its installed),so uninstall it and reinstall it. or he doesnt have the drive turned on via the ck3 (not sure if this is the case since the OP has given very little information about what hes done thus far). or for some reason his isnt compatible even though yours is.

also, OP if you have the option of editing your posts (little pencil looking thing in the top corner of your posts) use it instead of double posting all the time.

It could be a driver conflict, the drive could be off, portio32 could be installed wrong (reinstall), it could actually be anything more info could help, what are you using to flash (ck3 pro?) it and have you tried a different sata port?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Sep 2009 @ 12:25

Consoles:

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
Ive tried all different sata ports, except the one my hard drive is attached to. im using xectuer connectivity kit V3 lite with probe, ive tried powering and powering off the drive pushing the drive half way in and so on, nothing, jungle flasher gives me this when i start it
"
This is a 32 bit process running on 2 x 32 bit CPUs
PortIO is installed and running.
Found 7 I/O Ports.
Found 1 Com Ports.
Found 6 windows drives C: D: F: G: H: I:
Found 0 CD/DVD drives
"
should i delete that raid controller?
should i delete that raid controller?
It shouldn't be anything to do with that and it doesn't show as a cd/dvd drive. If you scroll through the ports does your hard drive show up?

Consoles:

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
No, it dosent, but it does show up in the start entry
"
This is a 32 bit process running on 2 x 32 bit CPUs
PortIO is installed and running.
Found 7 I/O Ports.
Found 1 Com Ports.
Found 6 windows drives C: D: F: G: H: I:
Found 0 CD/DVD drives
"

its C:, and D:
Then that means JungleFlasher isn't finding the right ports where your drive is connected, there might be a conflict so uninstalling something might help. Try uninstalling that if you think it might work then restart jungleflasher.

I'd ask if it shows in the bios but likely your computer will keep freezing with the lite-on connected.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Sep 2009 @ 13:17

Consoles:

PS3 60gb model

PS3 modded on 3.55
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.