AfterDawn Forums

My liteon is dead. can i spoof my benq on this xbox?

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

My lite on drive now has open tray problem. (bad laser im guessing) i have a extra benq drive. can i flash it and copy over the dvd key with lt 3.0 and have it work fine?

I am here standing. I never sit.
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Technically, you could spoof it. I believe that if you did, you would get an E66 error code. I think that you need the same drive make (lite-on in your case). As long as you inject the dvdkey to the new lite-on drive while you're flashing it to the latest firmware (either stock or modified), all should work fine.
Originally posted by BillB:
Technically, you could spoof it. I believe that if you did, you would get an E66 error code. I think that you need the same drive make (lite-on in your case). As long as you inject the dvdkey to the new lite-on drive while you're flashing it to the latest firmware (either stock or modified), all should work fine.
A Benq can spoof to as a Lite-on just fine and vice versa. Some say it's not as Live safe, but I someone who's had a spoofed Benq in a 360 that's been online nearly everyday for the past year.
when i spoofed it. let me tell u what i did. i used jungleFlasher 1.92 under firmware tab
opened up the source firmware and loaded my lite on dummy key. then as target firmware loaded up the benq lt+3.0 clicked spoof source to target, then save to file. Last step was i wrote it to my Benq. loads up originals fine. but when i load up a xgd3 backed up game, i get a error game not supported. im gonna try to reburn after i run with new abgx 1.0.6 and see if that helps.

only thing i can think of is my xbox knows its a BENq drive. i didnt manualy spoof as a lite on. cause i didnt see a liteon 0251 on the list.

ok i just ran need for speed the run. loaded up fine, i guess my other burns where just no good. thank you guys

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.