AfterDawn Forums

Ripping ISO query

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

Hi
Im fairly new to scene but quite tec savvie etc. I have Phat Lite on flashed with LT 2.0 and ihas 12B flashed with fw to burn XGD3 games etc. However, the one thing I didnt plan for is the process to rip the ISO from the game. I tried using Imageburn with ihas but it just produced various video and audio files etc. Can I use the Ihas with xbox creator or do I need to use a different drive?

Many thanks

Stockyard
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Yes, use xbox backup creator. Also, you need to flash your drive to the latest firmware which is LT3.0 for your drive. This is a must! If not, your backups won't work properly because the topology data won't be correct for LT3.0 and will likely flag your console for a failed AP2.5 challenge.
Originally posted by BillB:
Yes, use xbox backup creator. Also, you need to flash your drive to the latest firmware which is LT3.0 for your drive. This is a must! If not, your backups won't work properly because the topology data won't be correct for LT3.0 and will likely flag your console for a failed AP2.5 challenge.
Thanks

Do I need to buy new Lite On, Benq drive to do the rips? Does it need specific FW?
Update

I've read that you can rip already burnt disks (not retail) with imageburn using create iso from disk option etc. I tried that but just get various video and audio folders and the DVD file (about 9kb). Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Originally posted by BillB:
Yes, use xbox backup creator.

You'd either need an Xbox 360 drive flashed with 0800 Firmware or a Drom 6316 with a few modifications. The second option is the only true internal PC drive that can rip XGD3 retails.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Many thanks
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.