AfterDawn Forums

WINDOWS 7 NOT DETCTING XBOX360 DVD DRIVE VIA PCI SATA VT6421A

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

Members.

I have purchased PCI Sata Card VT6421A. It detects a normal PC dvd drive - no problem. When I connect my xbox 360 it shows nothing, does not detect it at all. This is driving me crazy. I have read information from so many forums and no joy. I have windows 7.

1) PortI032 Installed correctly
2) Bios Raid function is set to IDE.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
When you say it doesn't detect do you mean windows isn't detecting the drive and not giving it a drive letter, or do you mean Jungle flasher wont detect it? Check the drive properties section of the MTK flash 32 tab, cycle through the I/O ports and see if it shows.

By the way, you might want to edit your title to not be all caps. Kinda annoying (and I think against forum rules which may get the thread locked). I'm sure you want to draw attention to your thread but so does everyone else.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Sep 2010 @ 19:45

did you rename this file? You also state nothing about Jungle Flasher. You need JF to flash your drive.
I have renamed the file and restarted the pc but still the drive has not been detected by windows. My xbox 360 drive has already successfullly been flashed. I have tried to connect a non-flashed xbox 360 dvd drive and the same problem occurs. What should I do next?

Thank for the help and the quick response.
Have you tried Dosflash to see if will detect that way?

"All drives should be updated to Lite Touch + (LT+) firmware if playing on XBOX live. Samsung drives and pre-78/79 Hitachi drives do not utilize AP 2.5. All other drives are considered to be detectable by Microsoft (YMMV). Make sure all rips are ABGX verified, contain SSv2, and patched AP2.5 (where needed). XGD3 must currently be burned on new drive with PC Burner Max firmware for 100% rip. All modded consoles can be potentially unsafe for use on XBOX live."
Originally posted by ffc1981:
I have renamed the file and restarted the pc but still the drive has not been detected by windows. My xbox 360 drive has already successfullly been flashed. I have tried to connect a non-flashed xbox 360 dvd drive and the same problem occurs. What should I do next?

Thank for the help and the quick response.
You're confused. Windows will never see this drive. You need to download and use jungle flasher and read the guide on it. This software is special to read the drives.
You need to remove the via drivers from windows for the 6421 sata card, and restart the computer.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.