AfterDawn Forums

wxRipper

This discussion thread has 31 messages.

IlzujexIl Suspended due non-functional email address
I am having problems with wxRipper i put in my dvd and run it and then i hit stop drive and it takes it a while but it will stop then i put in my 360 game then i try to hit spin and it wont spin

any ideas??
▼▼ This topic has 30 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
is getting a kreon drive out of the question?

need jtag help? Xbox 360 console repair? PM me or chat
i dont know what that is=p
google it then. it will do you a lot more good than that stupid winxripper method.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
alright i look that up 2marrow thnx
no prob

Originally posted by wabashman:
google it then. it will do you a lot more good than that stupid winxripper method.
The method of burning isn't that bad. I mean If I safe 55 AUD Why not. It works pretty much on all drives and only requires a 2 second hot swap. If 2 Seconds is worth $55 Then sure use the Korean Drive.

Windows 7 the easy way of life

To install, boot and run Linux off a USB

See http://www.pendrivelinux.com/
and you also gain the reassurance that your game is copied properly and not having to rely on agbx for stealth patch your games (which has been wrong before). and if you're going to copy games, why not do it the right way? you're already getting a game for free (minus renting fees or having to ask someone to borrow theirs), so spend the extra 35 bucks for the drive.

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
and you also gain the reassurance that your game is copied properly and not having to rely on agbx for stealth patch your games (which has been wrong before). and if you're going to copy games, why not do it the right way? you're already getting a game for free (minus renting fees or having to ask someone to borrow theirs), so spend the extra 35 bucks for the drive.
Your not getting a game free you have to buy it in the stores first then back it up or else your illegally doing it. Plus you have the hassle of buying of eBay. This way anyone can do it.

whats the hassle of buying from ebay. i use ebay almost every day have only had 2 problems since i registered. and both i knew would happen (sold a 0 feedback guy, and bought from one as well).

and lets face it, 75%+ of the people on this forum arent 'backing up' their games, they are obtaining new ones.

I'll agree with you there are people who see these forums as a easy way to find out how to burn, download and pirate games. It's Sad :-(. But still to me rather than buy a new drive why not use something that works fine and saves me $55 Aussie Dollar. That paid for my new laptop. Guy accidentally gave me a core i7 Machine instead of a P3 For $100. LOL

kreon drives are the best way to make backups. hands down.

Having your PC open and having to rip apart a DVD drive isn't something most people want to do.

Hasamoder, you really can't talk about any legal aspects because you flashed modified Microsoft code to your console to circumvent copyright protection.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Sep 2009 @ 9:15

Jungle Flasher Tutorial | Jungle Flasher Troubleshooting Guide | Latest JF version: 0.1.75 | <-- All credit goes to Team Jungle/HyperX.
360 Drives and Motherboard Identification | Make a Bootable USB Drive | JF walk-through for <BenQ> <Samsung> <All LiteOns>
Originally posted by leerage:
Having your PC open and having to rip apart a DVD drive isn't something most people want to do.

Hasamoder, you really can't talk about any legal aspects because you flashed modified Microsoft code to your console to circumvent copyright protection.
I have a Laptop and I plug my drive via a adapter. I had a spare drive. Opening the drive required me to unscrew four screws and that was it.
If people on the site know how to flash a 360 they should be able to do this.

Originally posted by hasamoder:
Originally posted by leerage:

I have a Laptop and I plug my drive via a adapter. I had a spare drive. Opening the drive required me to unscrew four screws and that was it.
If people on the site know how to flash a 360 they should be able to do this.
Well what ever works for you. To each their own. I was just giving a general observation from a tutorial I saw for wxripper.

No comment about the legal aspects? :P

Jungle Flasher Tutorial | Jungle Flasher Troubleshooting Guide | Latest JF version: 0.1.75 | <-- All credit goes to Team Jungle/HyperX.
360 Drives and Motherboard Identification | Make a Bootable USB Drive | JF walk-through for <BenQ> <Samsung> <All LiteOns>
I am having trouble getting wxripper to work on windows 7. Has anybody had any luck with the combo. Xp works great but Windows 7 is so much better. I am having the same problem as the TS. I click on the drive to stop and it does not respond. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who has any info on this matter.

I AM "THE GREAT MOOSEKNUCKLE"!!
Originally posted by ThePit:
I am having trouble getting wxripper to work on windows 7. Has anybody had any luck with the combo. Xp works great but Windows 7 is so much better. I am having the same problem as the TS. I click on the drive to stop and it does not respond. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who has any info on this matter.
It works for me! I'm on Windows 7 32bit RC.

chris4160 Suspended account
Your not getting a game free you have to buy it in the stores first then back it up or else your illegally doing it. Plus you have the hassle of buying of eBay. This way anyone can do it.
Lol, afaik backing up any games (owned or not) is illegal in australia...
Maybe i did not specify in my post that I am using 64 bit. I think that is the main problem. Anyone elseknow if this is the problem?

I AM "THE GREAT MOOSEKNUCKLE"!!
Originally posted by chris4160:
Lol, afaik backing up any games (owned or not) is illegal in australia...

How did you know? Just for personal interest. I gave up backing up games anyway because the games have warranty on them if I am correct. Plus it's to much hassle and I play wii a lot more. Although I've already scratched H.A.W.X .

Originally posted by ThePit:
Maybe i did not specify in my post that I am using 64 bit. I think that is the main problem. Anyone elseknow if this is the problem?

many prople have the"not being able to stop drive" problem nd some of it (not all) has to do with your IDE/SATA settings channel.. chnge the drive to a different port/channel.. update you ide/sata drivers... try getting an earlier version of wx ripper.... try undating/installing all .NET software..... try removing wxripper and reinstalling/downloading it...

some of these steps might work...
But Also I think it might have issues with 64bit machines I'm not Sure???

I figure out a way to run it in any windows 64 bit system.

I used the open source .NET implementation called mono.

http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

then I run the "Mono-2.6.1 Command Prompt" from the start menu

after that I cd to the directory with wxripper and type

mono wxripper.exe

when you click the stop drive button wxripper will stop the drive and then crash.
so just re run it with

mono wxripper.exe

then do what you normally do for the hot swapping.
hooterjh Suspended due non-functional email address
Wxripper works and is an excellent program to back up games with out having to buy a kreon or use 0800 fw. But how can you say kreon is the best way to rip games when it cant even read SSv2 angles? Which is now encourages with ix LT being released. 0800 fw on an xbox drive simply has to be the best way to rip. and the best part is no ebay or ordering we all own one already!

"This console has been banned from Xbox LIVE for violating terms of service, Yada yada yada..."
Originally posted by hooterjh:
Wxripper works and is an excellent program to back up games with out having to buy a kreon or use 0800 fw. But how can you say kreon is the best way to rip games when it cant even read SSv2 angles?
Look at the date of the post where it states KREON is the best way to rip........ then look up when the info on SSv2 was released...... See where im going with this?

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Make poverty history, cheaper drugs NOW!
Help! I can't get wxripper to work!!!! I keep on getting some unhandled error has occured in your application!!! wtf?

The world would be better if all the noobz lived in one state
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.