AfterDawn Forums

Xbox360 DVD Game Download to jtag

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

ok Downloaded a Xbox360 DVD Game and there is only the update folder and then a video n audio folder how can i make this play on my jtag
without burning it
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
never miind may have figured it out

Quote:
Default Iso to Files for Jtag, & QuickBoot Guide

First if you don't have a Jtag box then this is completly useless for you. Second, you can use NXEGOD if you are installing games on a system drive, in fact I would suggest using it if you are, it's much easier and faster. This is for people who are installing games on a USB drive or stick. This will teach you how to extract the files and patch them.

Programs you will need:

WX360
X360GameHack v5.2

First open WX360 and then "File--Open" then find your ISO.

Then select all the files on the right side in the box and right click and tell it to "Extract."

Now you want to do this somewhere you will not lose then, I suggest creating a folder on your desktop for whatever game you are ripping. For example if you are ripping Mass Effect 2 then when you tell it to "Extract," simply click on your desktop in the window and then "New Folder" and name it "Mass Effect 2." Then Ok.

Now you can take a break as this process varies from game to game. Some take a few minuets and some take longer.

After it's done it will should say "Done" next to all the files, if so your good, close the progam and move on to X360GameHack. Also you can delete the ISO file off your computer if you wish you no longer need it for Jtag.

With the program open, Choose "Browse" and locate the folder you just made with all the files in it (Desktop--->Mass Effect 2 or whatever your game is). Make sure all the boxes that are checked in my screenshot are checked in your boxes and yes, you need to LEAVE "Make Retail" UNCHECKED as well as "Remove Compression." Everything else should be check on the left side. Don't worry about the right, it's for XBX 1 games.

With that done click the "Fix" button and it will patch your files for you. Sometimes it takes longer than others and it does freeze, but just let it work it will start responding normally after a few seconds. After it's done you will see something like this:

Plug in your USB drive/stick and put the folder in your Games folder (USB:/Games/GameFolderGoesHere) and you are good to go.

If you would like to create a shortcut to the game to bypass XeXLoader you can use a program called QuickBoot.

QuickBoot v1.2

A few things, if you are booting games off the original HDD, you should use NXEGOD as described in the first of this thread. If you are booting games off a non-system HDD like a USB drive you will click the "USB:\" box and then make sure the "File Type" is set to "XBox 360 Game" then click "Auto Build." Now you need to locate and select the folder where your files are for a game (Desktop--->Mass Effect 2 or whatever game you are ripping) and tell it ok.

It will build a Live Container for your game so, you need to go get it first. It sticks the fill on whatever drive your Quickboot is installed on so mine is on my C: drive so it is generated to a folder on there:

Go get the file (it will be named whatever the folder is) then using a USB stick or transfer kit or cable put the file in "Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000" folder on your 360 System HDD.

Now as when you go to the NXe Dashboard you cna find your external drive games shortcuts under "Game Library/Xbox 360 Games." Looks nice and saves time from booting to XeXLoader. Also your games must be in the USB:/Games/GamesGoHere folder for this to work.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
wabashman
ty
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.