AfterDawn Forums

Xbox 360 RROD advice? 0001 Error Code

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

I've got the Halo 3 special edition 360. I opened it up, performed the x-clamp fix, but tightened the GPU heatsink too tightly and pulled a 0031 error code. When I loosened it, I still immediately RROD'd, but with a 0001 secondary code.

Looking online, the 0001 either has to do with the MOSFET's or a bad PSU. The MOSFET's look fine and all of the caps look great. Nothing is blown. The PSU light won't switch from orange though when I boot it up, and 15% of the time when i turn it back off it trips and goes to red.

Is there something else I should look for before I haul my torn apart box to a friends house and try their PSU? It's inconvenient to get to a friends house to test it, so I'm trying to do as much as possible at home before I leave. I can post pictures if necessary, and thank you in advance for your help!
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
do you have teflon washers on the board? how many washers did you use? sounds like your shorting out with the heatsnyc
I got it working... I wasn't using Teflon washers but one of them was shorting the motherboard. It's working perfectly now!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.