AfterDawn Forums

About to increse ps3 internal hard disk drive

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

As stated in the title i'm about to take out this tiny 40gb hdd out of my cfw ps3 and plan to put in a 1tb sized western digital hdd. my question is this when I do so can I back up what's on the 40gb on the ps3 itself, format the new drive, then put what was saved onto the new drive? I can't FTP the games my other computer is down and the space on this one is at a minimum. Basically I want to save the games on the 40gb drive, I believe I can't save the game saves but if so how. Thanks to any and all responses!!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Nov 2012 @ 8:53
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
well if you have external drive you can copy all the files you need using multiman.... you can also use data transfer its an option build into the ps3 but for that you still need external drive this option will also backup all saves from the ps3... and another thing make sure the drive you planning to put inside is not taller than 9mm or it will not fit into the bay... 1tb drives tend to be more "fat" than a usual 500-750bg drives...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Nov 2012 @ 1:29

PC i7 3770K 8Gb Ram Radeon 290X 4TB WD Black 60Gb SDD
Xbox360 Slim RGH Dash 16202
Xbox360 PHAT 14719 BENQ drive
Black PS3 CECH-L04 PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
White PS3 CECH-2506B PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
Black PS3 DECH-J00A DEX FW4.50
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.