AfterDawn Forums

How to install gaia manager.

This discussion thread has 13 messages.

How do i install the gaia backup manager?

Is it installed on my ipod that i jailbreak with? If so which directory is it installed under?

Is it installed straigt onto my ps3? If that is the case......how do i get it there?

Im usually good with these thing's but the PS3 has knocked me right off!!

If you have to apologise....it's too late.
▼▼ This topic has 12 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Once you have jailbroken your ps3 you need to put the pkg on the root of your flash drive and go to GAME/ install pkg files and install. very easy
Do you have to have the ps3jailbreak dongle(which I'm using) in and running to be able to use gaia manager? everytime I attempt to start it or any other programs I installed it gives me the error message
Quote:
Do you have to have the ps3jailbreak dongle(which I'm using) in and running to be able to use gaia manager?
No.

Quote:
everytime I attempt to start it or any other programs I installed it gives me the error message

What model PS3 do you have (slim or phat)? maybe your not doing the jailbreak procedure correctly.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Oct 2010 @ 17:05
Originally posted by geestar20:
Quote:
Do you have to have the ps3jailbreak dongle(which I'm using) in and running to be able to use gaia manager?
No.

Quote:
everytime I attempt to start it or any other programs I installed it gives me the error message

What model PS3 do you have (slim or phat)? maybe your not doing the jailbreak procedure correctly.
fat model and I have gaia manager installed, but the only time it will let me run it is if the dongle is in and greenn?
Quote:
fat model and I have gaia manager installed, but the only time it will let me run it is if the dongle is in and greenn?
Sorry man, I don't know as I use my ipod video to jailbreak my PS3 and I don't have to leave my ipod in to run anything. Once it boots I can take my ipod out.

I have my PS3jailbreak coming this week so im sure I will be asking the same questions or figuring things out. I guess make sure you have the latest PL for your jailbreak device.
Well i got the gaia manager installed, but now i need to know how to backup my game disc, so that i can test it on my jailbroken ps3 rather than my non-jailbroken one.

Is this done by pc, or can it be done through PS3? How?

Quote:
Well i got the gaia manager installed, but now i need to know how to backup my game disc, so that i can test it on my jailbroken ps3 rather than my non-jailbroken one.

Well, you can not backup a game on a non jailbroken PS3, lol. You can use OBM to make a backup by going into it and select "copy". Make sure you have enough space to make the backup (just an FYI) via internal or external.
Hmm....do you know how to do it through a pc then, as the blu-ray for the jailbroken ps3 is fooked! It recognizes there's a disc, but will not accept it, read, nothing.
So if you know how to do it via a pc that would be great. Ive checked google, but or once......it was absolutley useless.

Thank's again

Sorry man I do not know how to make a backup of a PS3 game through the PC. I do not own a bluray drive.

Maybe some else here can help with that.
how do you escape from gaia manager? whenever I hit O it just says "BDrips is games file" and I can't exit to xmb
Press the ps button, it will say 'do you want to quit game?' Then it will take you back to the XMB.

Originally posted by oneeyedcrock:
Press the ps button, it will say 'do you want to quit game?' Then it will take you back to the XMB.
I have a logitech controller, not a dual shock. do I need a dual shock for this to work, cause when I press the middle button nothing happens
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.