AfterDawn Forums

PS3 Break v1.2 with cfw 3.55

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

Hi all,

Not sure if I've missed something in the forums lately. I've installed the CFW 3.55 on the PS3 but now when I attempt to boot up the PS3 break v1.2 it no longer works. Is this correct ?

Thanks to all
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
... You can't be serious. You really didn't read a damn thing before installing the modified firmware? Alrighty, where to begin.

You are on OFFICIAL 3.55 firmware that has had a very tiny alteration done to the XMB.
You can NOT run homebrew
You can NOT install homebrew
You can NOT downgrade
You can NOT "jailbreak"
You can NOT play backups
You CAN enjoy PSN access while you wait the days and/or weeks for a solution to get released. Until that time, you are limited to only the legitimate offerings that Sony has allowed you.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Jan 2011 @ 22:02
That is the problem with making it so easy to install...people install it without even knowning what it is, what it does, or what it is for.

Don't worry ohmss...it won't be long before there is a new PUP for you.

Your right KillerBug, I didn't really know what I was installing which was a silly thing to do. Oh well I did it and luckily it went well.

Thanks Guys
There is a way to downgrade from 3.55 back to 3.41

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/01/kakarotoks-ps3-3-55-to-3-41-successfully-downgraded/#axzz1ARKLUYn3

But as it says not released yet. You are lucky, you could have been waiting for over a month or 2 before someone creates a dongleless jailbreaking cfw.
lol and you still might, no news of when either will be released.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Jan 2011 @ 5:54

Originally posted by ohmss:
Hi all,

Not sure if I've missed something in the forums lately. I've installed the CFW 3.55 on the PS3 but now when I attempt to boot up the PS3 break it no longer works. Is this correct ?

Thanks to all
Originally posted by Dab117:
... You can't be serious. You really didn't read a damn thing before installing the modified firmware? Alrighty, where to begin.

You are on OFFICIAL 3.55 firmware that has had a very tiny alteration done to the XMB.
You can NOT run homebrew
You can NOT install homebrew
You can NOT downgrade
You can NOT "PS jailbreak"
You can NOT play backups
You CAN enjoy PSN access while you wait the days and/or weeks for a solution to get released. Until that time, you are limited to only the legitimate offerings that Sony has allowed you.
Nice question and nicer answers!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Jan 2011 @ 21:57
Its good to see familiar names from different forums. Don't flash anything yet. The net will light up once a real cfw is released. Stick to a jailbreakable firmware until that happens. It will not be long before that happens.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.