AfterDawn Forums

Can't get wii remotes to sync

This discussion thread has 15 messages.

I have preloader booting my wii straight to usbloader gx.

My kids have somehow un sync'd all four of my wii remotes and I can't get them to sync under any conditions. I don't know if I need to boot to the system menu but since they won't sync I can't boot to the system menu anyway.

Any suggestions?
▼▼ This topic has 14 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Do you have a Game Cube controller?

I think Preloader will let you navigate with it.

If you don't then you should be able to use Bootmii to boot the Homebrew Channel then use Any Region Changer to downgrade to 3.2 firmware or install the 4.1 firmware menu manually which should overwrite the Preloader install.

You can use this Offline Downgrade/Upgrade guide HERE to download the files you need for 4.1 firmware menu. Do step 1, 2, 3, 11 and 12.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Aug 2009 @ 22:08
Thanks brother! Good thing I had a GC controller still hangin around. That worked just fine. No need to downgrade.
Maybe I spoke too soon. After having them all sync'd up now I'm having major wii remote issues. They are randomly un syncing and its a bitch to get them sync'd again. Has anyone else had these same type of issues.
Originally posted by Kafluke:
Maybe I spoke too soon. After having them all sync'd up now I'm having major wii remote issues. They are randomly un syncing and its a bitch to get them sync'd again. Has anyone else had these same type of issues.

Yeah I'm getting the same issue here, I have tried to d-sync the Wii by holding the sync button on the console for 15 seconds to erase all sync data, I'll sync one control fine, but as soon as I try to sync another one, they all d-sync. I can only use one wii mote at a time. I have three wii motes. Never had a problem before, they just started to d-sync while play some games. I have update to 4.1U Anyhelp would be great.
i have preloader 0.29 by default i un sync the orignal wii remote i dont have gc controller i am stuck in that preloader screen please please tell me how can i remove preloader so i can get on system menu so that i can sync my wii remote its irritating me as only i have to push button A to go into system menu which i cannot do
Have you guys tried using a different USB Loader like SDUSB-Loader_cfg40 and see if that will keep your Wiimotes Synched better?

You can download it HERE.

There have been allot of issues with USB Loader (they fix something then some other issue comes up) so I ended up changing over to the above USB Loader.

@werdywerd

Do you have bootmii?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Aug 2009 @ 12:12

I am not using any preloader, nor do I have bootmii.
Started to de-sync when I started to use Intec rechargeable batteries.
I called nintendo and they said that the dock charging station could have caused the Wii to malfunction.
yes i have boot mii but before when i had this problem when i started boot mii it hanged my wii(if i am correct boot mii comes with the latest homebrew channel if not what is it?)and how to use usbloder will it overcome preloader......i will download and wait ffor ur awnser.....thank u very much that u are trying to help me:)
how can i do it without any remote working will it pop up and start system menu i only want to start system menu so i can sync the remotes
Originally posted by werdywerd:
yes i have boot mii but before when i had this problem when i started boot mii it hanged my wii(if i am correct boot mii comes with the latest homebrew channel if not what is it?)and how to use usbloder will it overcome preloader......i will download and wait ffor ur awnser.....thank u very much that u are trying to help me:)
Can you not read then?

Read my first post in this thread about using Bootmii to get rid of Preloader since you do not have a GC controller.

can you explain in steps how to use boot mii without using wii remotes to boot homebrew channel and then syncing wii remotes (dont be angry if i ask stupid questions....) i dont know anything technical...
Originally posted by werdywerd:
can you explain in steps how to use boot mii without using wii remotes to boot homebrew channel and then syncing wii remotes (dont be angry if i ask stupid questions....) i dont know anything technical...
Step 1: go to Google.

Step 2: type Bootmii.

Step 3: Click on Bootmii home link.

Step 4: Go to FAQ and read to find out how to navigate the menu.

thanks!!! it worked i was able to teporarily sync one of my remotes and then i permenantly synced them thanks for your help and cheers to boot mii
Larry if I install the Bootmii will that fix my remotes sync problems?
I can have one remotes work fine, but when I try to sync more than one
they stop working and I have to power down and resync the first one again. I've tried pretty much everything. Last resort is to send it to Nintendo to repair.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.