AfterDawn Forums

How to use cheats on USBLOADER GX

This discussion thread has 9 messages.

My game plays fine through usbloader gx but I cannot get the cheats to work. I generate a GCT file but it doesn't seem to get used. When I go to settings and set Ocarnia to ON, I just get a blank screen when I start the game.

The cheats work fine when I use Gecko and a backup DVD.

Any help would be appreciated
▼▼ This topic has 8 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
to add more info

I am running USBLOADER 1.0 on 4.2 USA/CANADA
Originally posted by golfer29:
My game plays fine through usbloader gx but I cannot get the cheats to work. I generate a GCT file but it doesn't seem to get used. When I go to settings and set Ocarnia to ON, I just get a blank screen when I start the game.

The cheats work fine when I use Gecko and a backup DVD.

Any help would be appreciated
First off, ensure the cheatcodes directory is correct, SD:/codes/.

Originally posted by pryme_H:

First off, ensure the cheatcodes directory is correct, SD:/codes/.
Yes, it is correct. The cheats work just fine with Gecko/backup DVD. They just don't work with usbloader gx
Are you downloading these cheat codes via USB Loader Gx? Perhaps, you should out source the codes.
I am using USB Loader Gx to download the cheats.

I've also tried code downloader/cheat manager to get the txt file and then generate a GCT. Neither method seems to work when I run the game using USB Loader GX

I'm not sure what you mean by "you should out source the codes" - I can print the text file here if that will help.

The text file name is RSBE01.txt in SD:/txtcodes and the GCT file name in SD:/codes is RSBE01.gct
By outsourcing I meant downloading the txt codes and converting them to GCT compliant files which you've already done. I'm assuming it has something to do with the cheat codes not integrating very well with the game. I am not a USB Loader Gx fanatic. I use Wiiflow. Cheat codes (GCT format) are stored in SD:/codes.

By outsourcing I meant downloading the txt codes and converting them to GCT compliant files which you've already done. I'm assuming it has something to do with the cheat codes not integrating very well with the game. I am not a USB Loader Gx fanatic. I use Wiiflow. Cheat codes (GCT format) are stored in SD:/codes.
Thanks for your help. I will try using Wiiflow. Does Ocarina need to set to on in the Wiiflow settings to use cheats?
To answer my own question, I set Ocarina to YES using Wiiflow 1.1 and it worked fine. It still does not work on USB Loader so I'll stick with Wiiflow.

Many thanks for your help
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.