AfterDawn Forums

I need help with installing cIOS on wii

This discussion thread has 21 messages.

Please help me, i have installed homebrew channel with bannerbomb, I do NOT have a mod chip or anything, but i am trying to install a cIOS so that i can play wii backup games on my console. But i have a little problem. Everytime i try to install the cIOS with pretty much any version, The wii Remote will turn off and i cant do anything. I can select which IOS i want to install, but as soon as i press A to install the Wii remote turns off and i cant do anything, I have tried using a Gamecube controller as well and still nothing. Please help me.
▼▼ This topic has 20 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
What firmware are you on?

What do you mean Fireware? Like Menu Version?
I have Version 4.2 On the wii.
First off I didn't say firewire I said Firmware.

Second you can't just install HBC and that is it. You need to exploit the system.

Follow this guide HERE.

Yeah. Sorry about that. I typed the wrong thing. I opened the guide you posted, i hate to be stupid, but i dont see what to do or anything telling me how to exploit my system??
Ethan,

Below the red lettered paragraph is an exclamtion mark followed by "WARNING: SPOILER INSIDE (show)" Click the show button and it will display a link to a PDF file.

Download it and use password: Amarokz.

There is a second link to download necessary files below that and expand like before. Good luck and happy downloading!!
Found is right after i told you i couldn't. Sorry about that, Im just confused with everything. to do it all right and make sure i dont have any other IOS's installed on my wii, would it be wise or smart to Format thr wii itself and start fro, scratch?? I have hombrew and everything. i just dont know what all i need to make it work.
Found is right after i told you i couldn't. Sorry about that, Im just confused with everything. to do it all right and make sure i dont have any other IOS's installed on my wii, would it be wise or smart to Format thr wii itself and start fro, scratch?? I have hombrew and everything. i just dont know what all i need to make it work.
Okay i did what i thought and started from scratch. everything has been going awesome during the install in the guide. BUT... I got to where i go to Dop-Ios, and i got IOS-53 and IOS-55 and IOS-70, it goes through them all the way and says Completed!! But after that it sais ERROR: Something failed. (ret-1) So does this mean it Failed?? Or did it work??
I got IOS-70 to install by trying it like 10 times finally worked!! Well now i am at the last step. I have done everything correct, but on Wad manager i installed IOS 249 and it worked great! I went to install NeoGamma R7 and it says Installing ticket...ERROR! (ret= -2011) Same thing happens when try to install USB Loader, same error and everything? How do i get them to install please help?
Anyone?? I used the guide posted above.....Well now i am at the last step. I have done everything correct, but on Wad manager i installed IOS 249 and it worked great! I went to install NeoGamma R7 and it says Installing ticket...ERROR! (ret= -2011) Same thing happens when try to install USB Loader, same error and everything? How do i get them to install please help?
What is the Trucha Bug Restorer guide going to help me with?? what will it do to the wii?
The Trucha Bug Restorer will give you back the trucha bug--an exploit in earlier versions of IOS that enable homebrew users to by-pass Nintendo's security checks. Also, this will allow you to install custom IOSes. In essence, backup launchers, USB loaders, WAD Manager and cIOS installers to name a few are all dependent of the trucha bug.

I put it on the Sd card, but i cant get anything to come up on homebrew channel. I ejected the Sd and put it back in a ton of times, but it wont show up
As soon as i try to Load Trucha Bug Restoreroff homebrew it freezes and wont load. after waiting about 4 seconds it just goes back to the apps on homebrew???
On the Trucha bug restorer, it worked fine up until it said Press A to start step 2 or whatever, and it said Error: Could not se the revision to 0 Downgrade failed press any button to continue.. Now what?????
Someone.... On the Trucha bug restorer, it worked fine up until it said Press A to start step 2 or whatever, and it said Error: Could not se the revision to 0 Downgrade failed press any button to continue.. Now what?????
Someone Please,..........
Originally posted by ethan9987:
Please help me, i have installed homebrew channel with bannerbomb, I do NOT have a mod chip or anything, but i am trying to install a cIOS so that i can play wii backup games on my console. But i have a little problem. Everytime i try to install the cIOS with pretty much any version, The wii Remote will turn off and i cant do anything. I can select which IOS i want to install, but as soon as i press A to install the Wii remote turns off and i cant do anything, I have tried using a Gamecube controller as well and still nothing. Please help me.
Hello I am New to Modding and I am having the same problem as the guy mentioned earlier I've been following the guide exact http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-154/..._korean-823377/ i even http://my.afterdawn.com/larrylje_redwings/blog_entry.cfm/4202 cause the home brew said network not initialized

~deadbmxer~
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.