AfterDawn Forums

Playing Wii Games from SD Card?

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

Hiya! ^o^

I was following this guide and it worked great! ^o^ Just one question though, is it possible to do the same or a similar thing to have the console read from an SD card in th SD card slot instead? Also what's the biggest capacity SD card the Wii can use?

Thanks! ^o^
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Dec 2009 @ 16:27
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by Link2205:
Hiya! ^o^

I was following this guide and it worked great! ^o^ Just one question though, is it possible to do the same or a similar thing to have the console read from an SD card in th SD card slot instead? Also what's the biggest capacity SD card the Wii can use?

Thanks! ^o^
To get it to load from SD card just extract everything to the SD card.

Then go to usb-loader folder and open the settings.cfg
file in Wordpad. Under Global Settings change Device: usb to sd and then save.

Now when you launch the USB Loader it will ask select WBFS device change it to SD/SDHC SD card and launch.

32GB is the largest SD Card a Wii can use.

^^ You rule! Thank you very much!
Originally posted by larrylje:
To get it to load from SD card just extract everything to the SD card.

Then go to usb-loader folder and open the settings.cfg
file in Wordpad. Under Global Settings change Device: usb to sd and then save.

Now when you launch the USB Loader it will ask select WBFS device change it to SD/SDHC SD card and launch.

32GB is the largest SD Card a Wii can use.
Last night was a lil too late for me to try that, but I've tried it today. I can get the games to run off my HDD, but I can't get them to run off my SD card. Whenever i try to get the games to boot, it says booting game and then my Wii locks up and the disk drive just sits there flashing and doesn't boot anything... >.< Any idea why that is? o.0

Edit - Nevermind, I've solved it now! ^o^ It was so sinmple too... lol All I had to do was install the 50c update and all is fine now! ^o^

Thanks Muchly!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Dec 2009 @ 13:54
im trying to play new super mario from sd and it freezes and drive flashes blue on me. i have the v50 version of usb loader.
I thhink some SD cards are not as good quality as others.
not sure if you have SDHC or just SD.

there is a link to check game compatibility .
compatabilithttp://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=USB_Loader_v1.x_Game_Compatibilityy.

also a link to check different forms of USB media

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?t...patibility_List
Quote:
Last night was a lil too late for me to try that, but I've tried it today. I can get the games to run off my HDD, but I can't get them to run off my SD card. Whenever i try to get the games to boot, it says booting game and then my Wii locks up and the disk drive just sits there flashing and doesn't boot anything... >.< Any idea why that is? o.0

how can u fix it?? i meet the same problem....plesae help??? Link/ Larry anybody................
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.