1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Nero 8

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dotti_n, Jul 2, 2011.

1. dotti_n

dotti_n Member

I have acquired a copy of Nero 8 but find when the disc is in the drive and the details are shown; if the serial number icon is displayed then I am able to download it BUT if the serial number does not display then av appears warning of virus's etc and will not load. Can anyone shed some light on tis please? Appreciate your help.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

is this an oem disk with a serial or is it a copy of a disk? nero will only allow one computer to run the program without an additional licence purchase.if you have a legitimate disk you dont have to download anything,just install from the disk.if it is a dodgy copy,say from p2p or torrent you could very well have a virus or malware on it.

3. dotti_n

dotti_n Member

Hi Aldan
    Thanks for your response. I did download it, but have been successful in loading it in several computers which all work as we speak. I do have to generate a different serial number on each computer, and may take up to 10 attempts but do manage to get there. When it was being loaded there was no evidence of av popping up at all and loading was very successful. However, on some computers the av screams and will not allow for downloading. I can't work it out and would love to know why it's OK on some computers and not on others. Hope this info will enable you to work this enigma out;>) Appreciate your help.

4. smiler123

smiler123 Guest

5. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Try turning off your AV? Sometimes your AV refuses to allow you to download things because of the contents. Once you get what you need, turn your AV back on to make sure you're protected. I've used AVG free on my windows platform, and you can turn it off temporarily if you are just needing a few minutes to get the job done.

6. dotti_n

dotti_n Member

Hi GryphB
    Thanks for your response.
    Yes I did try turning the AV off but still no joy.
    Thanks again

7. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Are you running Vista or 7? If so, have you tried running the program in administrative mode?

8. dotti_n

dotti_n Member

Hi GryphB
    Thanks for responding.
    I am running XP and the only bod on the beast. Maybe I don't understand 'running the program in administrative mode'. Would you be kind enough to enlighten me please. I thought (careful) that if you were the sole user then all applications were run in admin mode.
    Thanks again for your patience & help.

9. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

It applies to Vista and Windows 7 primarily. On XP if you are the only user, that defaults you to being the admin, unless you make your account as a non power user (Similar to being logged into the guest account. Unless you're having driver issues, I don't know where else to look.