1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 10

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kookie56, May 25, 2013.

1. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I have installed nero 10 multimedia suite. Some of the programs, such as nero express and media hub work fine, but others, such as nero burning rom and nero vision will not open.
    When I try to open the latter, I get a message that says:
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe'"
    (or nero vision)
    When I go to Program files (x86) Nero folder, the item is there, but won't open.
    I have uninstalled and re-installed this program with no success.
    Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I can do to fix this?
    I would appreciate any help anyone can give.
    Thank you.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

when you uninstalled it did you run the nero clean tool?

3. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

ner
    nero clean tool doesn't work above nero 8

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

try again kookie there is one for v10 as i've used it on my system numerous times in the past including on v11,instead of nero clean tool try ---- nero general clean tool for v10 nero

that should bring up the one required

5. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I did it again and used the nero general clean tool, with the same results.
    What else can be done? Anything.
    I appreciate the help you have been giving me. Thank you

6. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

Is there a program out there that does all the same things that nero does? I like Nero, but am having problems. I would like to keep it.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  7. aldan

aldan Active member

what are you looking to do? i use imageburn for iso images and burnaware free for dvd authoring as well as burning cds.

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

i've never used either of items listed below,nero requires install of .net framework tho that should get done on install automatically,if you've used the clean tool i'd also go into the registry & manually delete any nero entries left then run ccleaner,other option assuming your using windows 7 is setup a dual boot to win 7 32bit,right now my 64bit win 7 is buggy as hell & all because of what may appear to be ms updates from last week,i can't even bring up task manager or imgburn without them crashing
    roxio
    ashampoo

9. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I did use the nero general clean tool. It didn't work. I finally went to regedit and manually remove any sign of nero.
    I also made the hidden files available and deleted all signs of nero in any of those files.
    Then I used my avg pc tuneup and got rid of any registry problems there.
    I then re-installed the program and I still have the same problem.
    It won't open some of the programs because it says they windows can't find them (even though I can go to C:\Program files (X86) Nero folder and see them. I can't even open them from this folder, directly.
    I don't know what else to do other then wiping my computer clean and starting over and I don't want to do that.
    I appreciate the help you have given me.
    Do you have any other suggestions?
    Thank you

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Unless you've created backup images of C at differing intervals the other option is system restore,the other option is if you recently updated windows (last two weeks) then after which the crap hit the fan,a fair few of those updates were .NET4.0 fixes so try to revert back to before installing those updates as they i assume stuffed up a number of my apps including crashing them & the task manager tho nero is working fine,only difference is i had an image to revert to & have just today reinstalled offending updates & so far all is good wtf

i realize doing a clean install sux big time however if creating images along the way it may be quicker in the long run however if it's only nero it most probably isn't worth it as imgburn can do what's required & dvdshrink unless there's something specific you need nero for,there is another option as a last resort go grab zorin linux 6.3 & try it as a live cd if you like it install it in dual boot then whether you use synaptic or the software center you can install a whole stack of free burning apps,only reason i mention zorin is it's reasonably stable & based on ubuntu kernal,just be sure to disable compiz animations to increase speed

11. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I am not really experienced enough to do a dual boot. I wouldn't know how. I got roxio nxt pro to try. The thing is...I like Nero. I am use to it. I have used it for years.
    I want to thank you for trying to help me. I appreciate it very much.

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.