1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 8 to nero12 cant get anywhere??

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by seadale, Apr 21, 2013.

1. seadale

seadale Regular member

Hello, I have been using nero 8, along with anydvd to backup my movies for years.
    we recently purchased a new pc & was forced to upgrade to nero 12 platinum, being that the nero 8 serial number was lost. Long story short I have no luck with nero 12. With nero 8 I used nero recode along with anydvd with great results.Using nero 12 after many hours I thought I finaly burned a movie, but all I got was "ORBIT" icons, whatever that was. If anyone could give me a simple start to finish guide on backing up amovie using nero12 platinum & anydvd I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Dale

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

nero has a plethora of tutorials start there, however if 12 is anything like 11 you'd most probably be better off with v10 it uses a updated version of recode over v9.0 so would assume it would be better than 8 but will be familiar to you,if you can't afford v10 i can't tell you where to go to get it *winks*,you can use nero express to burn the video_ts folder which is part of the nero 10 suite,the one i use is a cracked trial version it runs sweet or just use imgburn to burn the video

nero 8 serial number can be retrieved from the old computer it may even be at nero.com if you registered it

3. seadale

seadale Regular member

Thanks for the response scorp. I feel kinda lame after spending $100.00 for the 12 version, & can't even use the thing? I tried to retrieve my S# but nero could not get it for me. Also I was told nero 8 is not compadable with windows 8. not sure exactly what you mean with the winks, guess I should do some searching. thanks again for your help

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

piracy talk is frowned on that's why i winked..lol..