1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning rom

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mrttl, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mrttl

mrttl Member

hey

after a format of my hdd, i needed to reinstall nero burning rom 10, and now when i try to burn a audio cd, and want to add my mp3 files, nero dont show any supported files?? why is my mp3 files not supported?

Thomas

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Try to re-install Nero again and make sure you check all "audio and video" during the installation part.

3. mrttl

mrttl Member

i have re-installed 4 times..... without any luck :-(

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

You should never try to re-install any software more than one time. It makes a rats nest of the registry. Nero really is a piece of junk anyway. It leaves ugly remnants in the registry. Nero will not copy a copy protected anything, you need other tools to strip copy protection.

Try another piece of software. Some are free, some not. I've used use Easy CD-DA Extractor for years with zero coasters but it is not a freebie.

Are you sure your optical drive is being recognized? Can you play a CD? Try that first.

Since you reformatted your HDD you may need codecs for audio.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/codecs/k-lite_codec_pack_full.cfm

Jeff

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. mrttl

mrttl Member

hi Jeff

well my prob is not my drive or ripping a cd/playing a cd, the issue is that i have some mp3 files i want to normalize and burn as a cd!
    nero says it is non supported files and therefor dont show any of them, but it is normal mp3 320kbs files!!
    and i have the codecpack installed...!?

Thomas

6. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Then you will have to search for burning software that does support .mp3 files. I haven't used Nero for at least five years.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/search/results.cfm?q=burn+mp3

Jeff

7. mrttl

mrttl Member

i allways used nero, and it allways worked fine, thats why i dont get it!?

8. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Got me. Like I said there is far better alternatives than Nero which is yesterdays news.

Read the manual, contact Nero tech support or wait for somebody else to chime in with more recent Nero experience than me.

Obviously something has changed since your fresh OS (I assume since you reformatted the hard drive)installation.

At least try other burning software to see what happens.

Jeff

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  9. aldan

aldan Active member

when you uninstalled nero did you use the nero clean uninstall tool from nero?if not i would try it again with the tool and make sure all audio formats are checked on install.

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Have you tried Nero's Clean Tool to wipe out Nero from your system completely? Here http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html after this, try to clean your left over junks with CCleaner, then re-install Nero again (make sure to check for all "audio & video" during the installation process.

Maybe you could try ImgBurn, http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555 it's free and can do/burn everything CD, DVD and Bu-ray.

Been using Nero (6, 7, 9, and 10) for ages and I haven't had any issue while burning audio CD or DVD movies.