1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode codecs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by robiss, Dec 31, 2011.

1. robiss

robiss Member

I bought the Nero 11, hoping the recode utility would allow me to transcode some video files to avi or divx that I could play on my standalone dvd player... the processed .avi file has a DVSD codec; which will not play on ANY of my standalone players; I have an OPPO, & a Phillips machine; which do play that format... I just played another avi with mjpg codec that played fine...nero recode gives no option [that I could see] to use a different codec... this seems VERY inflexible... I used a 'super' recoder before that gave several codec options... any ideas..??... the burner seems nice, but I'm not very impressed with Nero 11... IMO.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. robiss

robiss Member

...that seems to be the problem with Nero... it gives no option to choose another codec; my original avi files have the MJPG codec, which plays fine...but after processing with the Nero recode, it has now been changed to(outdated) DVSD codec... I have dozens of installed codecs, Nero just won't let me use them... Nero 11 has a decent burning utility... the rest is a waste of money...IMO.

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. robiss

robiss Member

...yeh, I used "Dr Divx" some years back, & that made files that played on my Oppo standalone... also, "Super" utility did a fair job, & gave you the choice of using any codecs installed on the pc... I wanted a utility that would join/ edit avi clips into a single file, & would play from a disc... I fell for the Nero 11 sales hype, that said it would do all this... it does... with an outdated codec that doesn't play, except from my pc... thx for the tips, & happy 2012.!!