1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by PNKWHITE, Aug 12, 2010.

1. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

I was wondering why when I try to back up a copy of one of my DVD's using anydvd ripper and Nero Recode that it prompts me for a DVD DL even though the quality level is listed as at least 80% or higher. This only happens when I do the recode entire DVD and not the main movie option. Here is the information I get when I import the DVD information into Recode: There are times I want to keep all info from the origianl disc...

Menus: Duration-10:09 min 109mb,80.2 video quality
    Main Movie: 1:28.00 Min,3535MB,100% video quality
    Extras: 00:37.23 Min, 956MB, 81.6 video quality

Thanks in advance, Paul

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

That's more like it regarding the adding size of files..lol.. good thing my reply failed,yeah ok pretty obvious the moment you said 80% compression,unless it's a really small dvd you would need at least between 50-70%,the max you can go to is 4475 unless you overburn,you have far too much data,if you want to keep a full dvd use no compression & get dvdfab & split it over two 4.5 dvd's

EDIT: Use menu shrink on the menus after ripping,it dumps the bollocky animation & can fix navigation of the dvd when it shows fbi warnings etc,i've noticed some dvd's won't go past it for some reason

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  3. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

Where do I find the menu shrink at in the recode window itself? Thanks for the information, I just thought that I was doing something wrong because I never had this problem in the past just seemed to notice it recently. But the DVD's that I have the problems with are TV series that have multiple episodes on them and more data.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

menu shrink is in the software section of AD,it runs in it's own folder so no install it's quite handy it can save anything from 0-300mb of space,if you happen to use dvdfab to split a dvd you will need to let dvdfab burn it which means you will need to let fab install vso burning engine asnero won't be able to burn the resulting split dvd