1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wacky Wuality with Nero 10?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by watersilver, Jul 27, 2011.

1. watersilver

watersilver Member

I'm trying to use Nero to convert .vob files to avi. so I ran them through Nero only to end up with really crappy picture quality? I know the source file is okay because I used to used AutoGK which turned out good picture quality but sound that was out of sync. What settings do I have to change to pix this. [​IMG]

EDIT: Of course by wuality I mean quality...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

I would stick with AutoGK and try using the likes of VLC to find out the audio sync factor (j or K key) or MPC (+ or -) key, then load the file in Virtualdub, and under Audio > Interleaving, insert the number.
    Set Video to Direct Stream Copy and save the file.
    Since the video is not being encoded, it's very fast.

3. watersilver

watersilver Member

When I try to load the video into Virtualdub, I get an error that says 'Couldn't locate decompressor for format XVID'.
    Also, in VLC, when I press K it says -50ms and when I press J it says 50 ms. Which is the right one?

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. watersilver

watersilver Member

So you have to judge it yourself down to 50 ms? Sounds pretty tough. Is there any other programs worth trying other than AutoGK? (or if anyone knows what's up with Nero).

6. watersilver

watersilver Member

Okay I really suck at trying to line this up manually... Does anyone know what wrong with my Nero?

7. shibadude

shibadude Member

I upgraded to Nero 10 from Nero 8. They claim it worked with MKV files. It doesn't. I am finding that whether it's MKV or AVI Nero does a poor job of transcoding.

8. ME23

ME23 Member

Try FORMAT FACTORY v2.70, its yours for the incredible low cost of FREE, and it converts almost EVERYTHING ( visit the link below, and no it's not a fake warez site ) !!! Since it's from China, I also checked it for viruses using AVAST and KAPERSKY, and none found. Perhaps GSPOT will help you find anything weird in your original video file.

www.pcfreetime.com

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011