1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad audio after using dvd rebuilder

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by startrek7, Feb 22, 2010.

1. startrek7

startrek7 Member

Hi,
    It seems all I'm doing is complaining these days. I recently tried dvd re builder after ripping my son's favorite dvd with ripit4me. It failed the first time, then tried again with the newest hcencoder, burned with convertx2dvd, and on playback, noticed that the sound seems sketchy, like my speakers were bugging out. tried another dvd which stunk on a repeated playback, and sound was fine (magic dvd copier).are my settings wrong with dvd rebuilder, or is it a burning too fast with my burner issue?
    Thanks in advance

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Only video is changed (ie compressed), audio is not touched, the various DVD encoding/transcoding programs just copy across whichever audio channels you select, as is..

3. startrek7

startrek7 Member

so if not dvd re builder, then something happened with ripit4me. I'll try ripit4me again, and play back the end result before using rebuilder. Thanks again for your help Creaky.

4. creaky

No problem. Can't help with ripit4me though, have never used it. Keep us posted.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

ConvertxtoDVD(which re-encodes the audio) has absolutely no place in this process-DVD backup!!!...probably that's where your sound got messed up.
    You need to use ImgBurn to burn to disc the files created by DVD Rebuilder.
    Ripit4me is not being updated anymore, use DVDFab instead.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  6. creaky

I saw that but didn't understand why it was being mentioned so ignored it, but quite right, it's superfluous to what's being discussed.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Indeed...
    @startrek7
    ConvertxtoDVD is not a DVD burner, is a DVD authoring software(e.g used with various types of video files, AVI,WMV,MKV...). However, you already have an authored DVD compilation, you just need to use a burning application.
    The only time you'd use a program like ConvertxtoDVD with a DVD video folder is if for example you'd like to transcode the video/audio in order to convert between PAL/NTSC.

8. startrek7

startrek7 Member

I know it sounds goofy to use Convertx2dvd, but I started out just converting AVI's to DVD then burning to DVD to watch on my tv. I had next to no problems using my cheap memorex DVD's and didn't even pay attention to the burn setting. I just made sure the quality was good before I burned it. I assumed the burner aspect of the program was good, so I used it for other DVD projects. Now that I'm dealing with backing up dvd's, I'm throwing away more dvds than I ever have. I just backed up my son's favorite dvd with dvd fab,burned with imgburn, and it still has problems. It plays fine for awhile, but skips aways into it. This goes into a new problem! My source dvd is scratched, so is there any way to make an error free copy?
    Any help with this new problem will be appreciated!